1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Deer from Wilderness Whitetails/cape from JasonB

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by whitetail94, Jun 14, 2009.

1. whitetail94

whitetail94 New Member

I have a customer that use to go to Wilderness Whitetails every year but the hasn't been since '07. This is the place that has Sudden Impact, he got to see him in the breeder pen when he was there for his hunt, he was 1 yrs old and scored in the 280's. Here is the deer that he took on that hunt. The shot was not a great one and they didn't find this deer until a few days later. My customer had to head back home and they finally mailed him his horns. The cape was no good so I had to get one for him. I bought this cape from JasonB, thanks for the great cape.
    McKenzie HD semi sneak offset form:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The week before my customer was on his hunt, a guy shot at this deer and he was aiming in the wrong place. A blade from the broadhead is still in his horns.
    [[​IMG]
    Thanks for looking and what do you think. This was my third mount on the HD forms and so far I like them.
    Michael

2. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

What'd this deer score?

3. whitetail94

whitetail94 New Member

Becky P, he scored about 208 and was 5 years old. A deer like that comes by me and I'm the guy that would get to tell the story of shooting him in the horns.
    Thanks,
    Michael

4. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

WOW! Really great work there!
    I am really liking your ear work and eyes as well.
    Thanks for the source recommendation for getting replacement capes and the form selection.

5. whitetail94

whitetail94 New Member

Thanks Greg, the crazy thing is yesterday I mounted a deer that I liked everything about, eyes, ears, hairs patterns. But today I'm not liking the one that I put together at all. It is a full sneak and I just don't care for that type of mount.

Again, thanks for your compliments.
    Michael

6. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

It's really nice to see what comes out of some of the cape sales that I have made. I'm glad it worked well for you and it looks awesome you are a very good taxidermist. And thank you for the recommendation.

7. Excellent mount and keep up the good work.

Best,

John Griffith
    www.griffithtaxidermy.com

8. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

I hear you on the struggles sometimes.
    I think creativity Ebbs and Flows depending on the day.
    Sometimes you need to walk away and come back a little later, to get a fresh perspective.
    I think MP had a thread regarding this.

9. whitetail94

whitetail94 New Member

Thanks Mr. John and JasonB for the comments.
    Michael

10. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Looks good to me also. I too like the HD forms. My friend and mentor just replicated Sudden Impact for the Fleese' Truely an awesome deer. He will probably Shatter the High FEnce Record books.

11. Thats an Awesome deer!! Great Job!

12. Jome

Jome New Member

WOW tha looks really good and a really big deer, nice.

13. whitetail94

whitetail94 New Member

Thanks again everyone.
    Michael

14. tylerdeloach32

tylerdeloach32 New Member

haha wow, i bet that guy that shot the antlers isn't too happy. Nice mount!

15. dipper

dipper New Member

Happy he hit it in the antler and not a wounding shot, I'm sure that would have cost him than.

16. tylerdeloach32

tylerdeloach32 New Member

yeah there's nothing worse than wounding a deer.

17. whitetail94

whitetail94 New Member

Yea, I would rather miss totally than to hit a deer then not be able to find it.
    Again, thanks for all the compliments everyone. My customer came and got it yesterday and loved it.

Michael