1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

You never know what will show up at your door when your a taxidermist!

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by psycho, Jun 14, 2009.

1. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Look what showed up. It's not Santa it's TIM (antlerman)! LOL Got to learn to put the CLOSED sign up! LOL Good visit with Tim today! LOL Nice to take a break and just sit around and BS about taxidermy and trains! ;D LOL

[​IMG]

2. Just you wait, next time I'm in the M-O you better lock your doors!

3. scpol

scpol Wholesale Bird Taxidermy....Fan of Mike & Harry

Very cool Dan.. Tim seemed like a great guy when i met him. Nice way to spend the day. By the
    way, nice bike there Tim ;D

4. psycho

I WILL! LOL :) Too funny. Your always welcome here as long as you like messes! I work. LOL

5. sarahdj

sarahdj Active Member

Wow Dan- surprises all over. It is nice to get to take a break and shoot the poo every here and there- glad you guys got to. I don't get drop-ins very often- unless they're neighbors or lost. I'm 20 miles from the closest Wal-Mart and that just freaks some people out. I, on the other hand, love my quiet corner out here. My neighbors don't wig out when I target shoot my 450. Town folk just don't like that stuff.
    Nice bike, Tim!!

6. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Dan, I sure enjoyed our visit. Sorry I stayed so long, but I was trying to weasel supper out of ya!! LOL

Bike tour will continue thru out the summer. You never know.....YOU MIGHT BE NEXT!!!

Thanks to others about comments on the bike. Its one of three. Here's the others.

[​IMG]
    This is my son Chris's bike that he and I built together. We show it some, BUT mostly we RIDE it!

Well, for what ever reason I can't get the bik's pics over to Photobucket, but anyway its a Suzuki Intruder for when I'm staying local. My cigarette getter! or beer getter!

7. scpol

scpol Wholesale Bird Taxidermy....Fan of Mike & Harry

Tim, if you ever get in northern Illinois, i hope your on your sons bike. That is sweet ;D

8. antlerman

Thanks Scott! It took us about 2 years to build it, and 25000.00
    It's not a LONG haul bike. Thats why I have the bagger. lol
    Chopper will beat ur ass to death and only gets about 50 miles to a tank of gas.
    It has a 127 cu in. that sucks the fuel.

9. antlerman

If you could see it in person, you would love it. The seat is alligator skin, and I tooled the family crest into it and dyed it. There's alot of stuff you just can't see in the pics.

10. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

If you make it to Red Lodge Montana for there bike week make sure to look me up.

11. antlerman

Oh Jaason, If I ever make it that far west, STOP IN HELL, your gonna put my ass up for the night. LOL

12. jasonb

I'll tell you this much, this town rocks with bikes for a whole solid week and we are already starting to get the Doc and Lawyer bikers riding threw town. And if you make it this far you can count on having a place to stay.

13. antlerman

Thanks Buddy, You just never know. I may show up someday unexpected just like I did at Dan's yesterday.

14. jasonb

Your more than welcome bud. And that is an open invatation to most all of my taxi.net friends.

15. mk

mk -30 below

IL
    cool ride tim- no helmet?

16. antlerman

NEVER wore one since I climbed out of that race car for the LAST TIME, almost 20years ago. I have a skull cap that I wear in states that require helmets. Thats why I ride a harley. If you can't hear me coming they YOU get off the road. LOL Loud pipes save lives!

17. psycho

Too funny. Loud pipes save lives! ;D

18. sarahdj

sarahdj Active Member

That is a good one!! My husband wants nothing to do with bikes after watching his boyhood pal kill himself hitting a sign when the guy driving lost it on a curve, but I want my own!! I have a couple friends (women) that have them (Harley Davidsons- one 883 and one softtail) to ride with and can't wait.

19. antlerman

Nothings to say it can't happen, but I've been riding for 40 years and have NEVER put one down or been in any kind of accident, but I'm not stupid in that I know that every time I saddle up that this could be the day that I die. I LOVE to ride. This may sound silly but, EVERYTIME I ride I first look to the heavens and ask myself; Is this a good day to die?? If the answer is yes, then off I go. If the answer is no, I push her back in the garage. If I die riding, everyone should know that I died happy, doing what I love most. If I die in my sleep or in any other way, my friends and family will say; to bad he didn't get to go the way he wanted.....on his bike.

20. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I always have strange people show up at my studio also ::)

[​IMG]