1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Father's Day gift

Discussion in 'Wildlife Artwork and Crafts' started by Chops, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Sorry just learned to use the photo bucket method. This is a picture I'm working on for my dad for Father's Day. He asked me to draw him a cougar drawing like I posted a couple of weeks ago. He likes wolves so I thought I would do something different.
    [​IMG]

2. Wanting to get some advise to or tips on what I may need to touch up. I colored the eye's of the wolf to try and convey the hunter and the flesh of the buffalo meaning the prey. If that makes sense.

[​IMG]

3. Don Jahner

Don Jahner Well-Known Member

Looks nice, Chops.

4. BVanKirk

BVanKirk package deal

beautiful, i like the contrast, it creates a nice depth but keeps the wolf in focus. maybe bring in a few more (and i mean a tiny tiny minuscule amount) of dark lines to the fur in the chest of the wolf, it'll give him more volume. the color in that carcass is GORGEOUS, i love the minimal palette

5. Thanks very much, will do!

6. greener

greener New Member

I like that bison a lot, good color, It reminds me of butchering, I actually have to do one next Saturday. He should like the picture for sure. I know I would....

7. Thanks guys for the nice words... Greener when you gonna finish that badazz Turkey?

8. Harum

Harum Active Member

I'm sure your Dad will love it Chops. Very nice.

9. I put it in a shadow box frame..... My pop loved it .. :)
    [​IMG]

10. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

Awesome work, keep at it