1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Nevada Wildlife Studio seminars~~

Discussion in 'Training' started by RDA, Jun 14, 2009.

1. RDA

RDA Active Member

BIRD SEMINAR~~learn my patented "sloppodermy" techniques to simplify the mounting process :eek: A very easy system to master and will get your bird work to the next level!! You will get all the competition tricks used by ALOT of quality artists that Ive accumulated over the years, and I GUARENTEE,,,, your next show piece shall be far better than before!! ;)

FINISH SEMINAR~~~designed for various repair and finish techniques including sculpting, air brushing texturing and more! Antler /tine repair and reproduction also. geared for african but will work on everything!!!

HABITAT AND COMPOSITION ~~~learn rock techniques, tree/bark techniques, sculpting, casting and texture molding as well as composition rules which break down the "scene" into understandable categories that reflect the more artistic side of our pieces!

LIFE SIZE TOTAL ALTERATIONS~~~ Many see some of the pieces in here in action poses~~learn THE EASY way to do these quickly and efficiently and turn any mannikin into ANY pose imaginable....
    other Mammal seminars available on request as well....

during summer and fall, bring your ultra light for some carson river small mouth fishing fun since the shop is about a quarter mile away!!! send me a pm or email for additional info Ron Anderson

[​IMG]

Anna aka "Gravity Kills" at a bird seminar working her buffle head!

[​IMG]

Teresa Revis working on a white-faced Ibis at Nevada wildlife studio!

Taff Vidales of California recently attended a bird seminar, and he has since been awarded multiple firsts and best of catagorys and also moved him into the masters class at the california show...

This is NOT your average learn to mount clinics~~~I go way beyond the norms and include competition tricks used by some Big Dawgs....Also included is carving of mannikins and heads as well as three different head techniques which will simplify your life! Finishing techniques and air brushing are also tuaght including stains, washes and powder over coats!!! Grooming techniques are also tuaght- some of the easiest methods you will have!!

We will also discuss competition strategies_ an often over looked item in seminars!

2. Re: Nevada Wildlife Studio seminars~~three types!

I am in talked too ron today.

3. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

Re: Nevada Wildlife Studio seminars~~three types!

I would love to come on out there Ron. To much going on and not enough of the greenstuff!!!

4. RDA

RDA Active Member

Thanks for the replies guys!! the fall is begining to fill up- Im excited to share the hard knocks the tricks and techniques and the philosophies of all the grat artists that helped me along the way...For years I was asked to start this...For unclear reasons I had resisted for years as well, but I feel like the time is here to share with you all what ive gained- full circle sort-of speak... ;)If your a seasoned dermist or just starting out, I shall give you every thing I have and the seminars always customized to the individuals needs and requests..... ;) Thanks again! Ron :)

5. Re: Nevada Wildlife Studio seminars~~three types!

You will not be dissapointed in Rons teachings!! I learned more in a few hours than I did fromyears of many show seminars, videos, books, etc. I came home and repeated all I learned to a 'T'.... completing a bird in HALF the time as before using half the materials (I was wasting a lot), and with half the fustration.... ;)
    Little tricks here and there, insights to the behind-the-scenes of shows and judging, business advise and examples, and just plain good company. I would highly recomend anyone who was even thinking of working with birds to go spend a day or two with Ron!

6. RDA

RDA Active Member

thanks gals/guys!! :)

Heres Amber Dempster of Lake Tahoe doing a Mule Deer seminar at Nev wildlife studio

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

happy results with the OLD techniques.....

[​IMG]

the easy way to clay eyes :eek:

[​IMG]

feeling good with the fun part of the mount!!!!

Congrats Amber !! :)

7. scpol

scpol Wholesale Bird Taxidermy....Fan of Mike & Harry

Very cool Ron..She's cute to hey ;D ;D

8. RDA

RDA Active Member

shooot they are ALL CUTE ~~seems Im doing a lot of Gals latyely,,,, uhh errr seminars that is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT that Im complaining LOL!! :D

9. Re: Nevada Wildlife Studio seminars~~three types!

doing all them gals'' must be sumet in the water over there, lol

10. Re: Nevada Wildlife Studio seminars~~three types!

Man Ron i am gonna save my pennys and get out there one of these days
    it would be an HONOR to learn from you you rock dude ;D

11. RDA

RDA Active Member

available times have been filled through january .... Ron :)

12. snowhare

snowhare New Member

RON

SIGHN ME IN FOR NEXT YEAR OK, BUT NO PICTURES THAN ;D ;D ;D ;D

GR J

13. RDA

RDA Active Member

Mr Matt Beavers and his black bear and wolf,, during a seminar at Nevada wildlife studio

[​IMG]

14. RDA

RDA Active Member

and Matts wolf after the habitat seminar....

[​IMG]

15. RDA

RDA Active Member

Note: august is full..... :)

16. scpol

More pictures of Amber please.. ;D ;D

17. RDA

RDA Active Member

:D Heres Amber Dempster of South Tahoe working on her Bobcat at Nev wildlife studio during a recent seminar! She has got talent for sure! :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Why is she in that oxygen tent?? She sick or have something contagious?? If so, I want it.......LOL

19. scpol

Did Amber ask about me ??? ??? ;D

20. RDA

RDA Active Member

:D that is my "vapor-lock door" by Yasmer industries! LOL Actually it was to reduce heat bills but has stayed as it hides the skinnng salting habitat storage and misc crap piles! :D

and Yes Scott she ALWAYS does! :eek: :D