1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Nevada Wildlife Studio seminars~~

Discussion in 'Training' started by RDA, Jun 14, 2009.

1. RDA

RDA Active Member

Re: Nevada Wildlife Studio seminars~~three types!

will post some shots of PacWest and his life size wolf shortly...

2. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

One of these day's I'll make it out there Ron.

3. eaglecreek960

eaglecreek960 ALL I FEEL IS RECOIL

WOW!!! I just finished three days with Ron learning birds. I started as a beginner having never mounted anything and now I feel confident mounting both upland birds and waterfowl.

Ron is totally committed to you during the time you are with him. On the second day, after I got over my initial brain slam of taking in so much new informaition, I was still raring to go after mounting my first pheasant. Even though we had already put in about eight hours, Ron didn't hesitate one bit when i wanted to get started on the teal I had brought to the seminar. Finally at 8:00 p.m., when we had the teal skinned, fleshed and soaking in his special degreasing solution ;D, I couldn't keep my eyes from crossing any more and ended the day.

Ron is an excellent instructor, clear, concise and with a sense of humor. Anyone, no matter what your experience level, would benefit from his some 40 years of experience. He has found what works and what doesn't.

TAKE HIS SEMINAR - YOU WONT BE SORRY

4. scpol

scpol Wholesale Bird Taxidermy....Fan of Mike & Harry

Excellent to hear sir..Rons ok in my book.. :D

5. RDA

RDA Active Member

Heres Eagle Creek960 Robert Nardelli, going after his first bird mounts at Nev Wildlife studio! A QUICK learner and Great person I keep lucking out getting goood folks here!!

[​IMG] first bird ever!!!! Nice!!

[​IMG] into number two!

[​IMG] tackling "goomadermy" :D

[​IMG]

and a flying GW teal to round off three action packed days!!! way to go Robert!!!!

6. RDA

RDA Active Member

and "PacWest" Chad Dolbear, doing a 1oo% altered wolf at Nev Wildlife studio! Another great student with SKILZ!!!

[​IMG]

jumpin in with mannikin mods!

[​IMG]

the finished wolf pre grooming lol, and it had acid rot throughout the face! But here at Nv wildlife studios, we are prepared to deal with it! Great job Shawn!!

ps, note the "live reference" napping on the floor in the back ground!! None other than "hazel-ray" the taxi-net cliques benefactor! ;D

7. RDA

RDA Active Member

Heres Sam Cahoy "Wildthings" over from Colorado for his seminar to aid Dwayne.! :eek: Sam has the talent to be an excellent dermist!!

full on alteration and complete re- sizing of the bobcat mannikin
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

finally getting the skin on!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the skin was acid rotted and old!
    [​IMG]

but that didnt stop us.. :D
    [​IMG]

Sam powered through and conqured the thing about midnight! :eek:

8. RDA

RDA Active Member

and on to the bird part of his seminar!
    [​IMG]
    a couple of puff ball partridges.. :D
    [​IMG]

then onto the white pheasant- a beautifull speciman!!

[​IMG]

He selected a running pose and will be set up with the lil bobcat in hot pursuit!! :eek:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] nice!

and another midnight shot of the interaction piece! ;D

[​IMG]

then onto a strutting prarie chicken with custom made sacks....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and it was an early evening 11:45... :D

A great person and talented artist for sure !~!! Congrats Wildthings!!

9. RDA

RDA Active Member

shameless self promoting BUMP...... ;D

10. scpol

It would have been a better bump with more pictures of Amber... ;D ;D ;D ;D

11. TD

TD My GGG Grandfather John "Tanner John" King b 1820

Say Ron....Are those Bobcats Krowtanned lol...
    Awsom work...........
    I would be willing to bet that you are great instructor and full of fun and jokes.....
    Keep up the good work!!!

12. RDA

RDA Active Member

Merry Christmas and a thank you to my students from this year

I hope your New year shall be filled with joy - I enjoyed each and every one of you -getting to know all of you and having some luaghs is a very important ingredient in my life, and all of you help brighten it! Thank you for coming and learning and sharing! Ron, "hazel-ray", "Sally-o" and of course,,,,,"Max"... ;)

13. WildThingsTax

WildThingsTax New Member

Happy New Year to you to Ron!

You can't go wrong with spending a couple of days with Ron. If you are interested in additional training Ron is the guy. He is a wealth of knowledge no matter if you are a beginner or a well versed taxidermist. His courses are tailored to your needs. I don't think you can get more info for the money!

Thanks again for letting me spend a couple of days with you! I enjoyed them tremendously!

Sam

14. RDA

RDA Active Member

thanks Sam! Nice job on that custom manniklin lamb too!

[​IMG]

this was a one day seminar at another local dermists shop- a 100% resized and re-posed desert sheep, which ws a basic standing on all fours pose to start. It will have a mtn lion in pursuit with it. all will be suspended by one hoof of the sheep. ;)

15. RDA

RDA Active Member

the second part of the above post, a life size mt lion which will be attacking the sheep. The form had a 39 inch belly to start. the skin was 28". The first phot shows the first step of 100 percent resizing ..

[​IMG]

the basic pose ready for foaming together- more to follow...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

all but one leg reposed- body head neck and three legs all costom to the scene and sheep.

Just many of the seminars available here at my shop, and the up coming "super seminar" at Scott Olsons! one spot still available!

16. RDA

RDA Active Member

the last phase of fine tunning the cat to the sheep, eye contacts etc etc! Both sheep and cat 100 percent resized and reposed with a one hoof contact for all. :eek: This will be on a motorized turning base with a steep rock scene- Just some of the seminars I have available for mammals! ;) I use the term, "rock n roll" after the inventor of the techniques... ;) :D

[​IMG]

17. scpol

Nice dude...But i need more pictures of Amber....Free bump..lol... ;D ;D

18. RDA

RDA Active Member

[​IMG]

sorry Scott, just sheep and kitty...Just some of the topics you can learn here at the studio~~100% resizing and alterations ! :eek: :D ;)

19. RDA

RDA Active Member

no reposting of pics, just a BUMP. ;D

20. scpol

I'll just take care of it myself..Tell Amber Uncle Scotty say's Hi..lol
    [​IMG]