1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Using Lutan F in an auto-tanner

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by bxer, Jun 16, 2009.

1. bxer

bxer New Member

I would like to use Lutan F in my auto-tanner and need to know the recipe for it- I tried to search the archives and couldn't come up with the information that I needed. Can you please let me know. I'm going to be tanning a 6' black bear. I have a 40 gallon Auto-Tanner.

2. Bruce_Rittel

Bruce_Rittel Consultant Services

If you e-mail me I can attach the formula for you. My e-mail address is [email protected] - be sure to use an underscore between the names bruce and rittel,

Crook's Taxidermy likes this.

3. Bruce, would you please send me a copy of those directions also . Thank you very much.

4. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

Bruce isn’t on anymore as he’s hoping enjoying his days off

DOUG H likes this.
  6. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

We don’t use an auto tanner only cause it’s a waste of money.
    Tanneries use a tumbling method and it’s goes by weight of skin very similar to his ez-100 recipe

7. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

You can use any submersible tan in an auto tanner. The pressurization does nothing to help tan anything. The agitation of the rotating drum is what quickens the tanning process.

I would mix the Lutan up according to directions and put it in the tanner, add skins and turn the drum on without pressure. Continue to follow the Lutan directions until it is done

8. O
    I know the pressure does nothing. But I do know that the tumbling action does. I want to know what the procedures are for this!

9. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

The lutan should have instructions with it. I would follow the instructions on the lutan. Put it in the auto tanner and turn it on. When you get to the time the instructions tell you, stop the tanner and pull them out and follow the finishing instructions.