1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Just a look inside "Air Lions"

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by *, Jan 23, 2007.

1. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

2. THANKS!!! That is so cool. You are a true inspiration! thanks again

3. Trina

Trina Guest

Very nice!

4. trapperr

trapperr New Member

You are TRULY Master of your Art !!! your base work for exceeds the norm for the industry !!! the details are of your creations had to have a helping hand from a higher power, you deserve all our respect !!!! thank you for posting !!!!!!!! i have book marked your web page for inspiration !

5. Looks Great! The only thing I see is, it seems like a shame to me that the mount is up against the wall and you cannot appreciate the other side. Since it looks as if all the faces and expression are facing the other way. Cool mount....Tremendous amount of work....Good Job!

6. Keith

Keith Well-Known Member

Nice work.

What type of mache are you using and hide paste that are compatible. Or are you just sealing the mache with a shellac?

7. AndyB

AndyB New Member

I am speechless!!!!!

8. *

My own mache ,and my own hide paste.
    and same stuff I used 20 years ago.

9. Keith

Keith Well-Known Member

Ok... and that is?....

10. Gina

Gina New Member

Wow!! fantastic work!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

11. *

I do keep a few secrets.

12. Tim

Tim Olean,NY

ny
    WOW DOULBLE WOW

13. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

I have to say that you and your group make's really nice and detailed work. That is just how good taxidermy should look!!

14. Glen Seekins

Glen Seekins New Member

That is very nice.

I do have one question...
    What do you do with your wet hides while you are altering and fitting them to the forms? This has got to take a ton of time to complete, Very nice work

15. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    Thanks for sharing your work.One of the best websites I ever seen!!! ::)

16. *

Glen , as long as I have been doing this It's nothing for me,everyoine asks me about me and my sawsall......I can do a whole lion alteration in a 1/2 day so problem, the Nyala to gemsbok change just took a day.And that change I only did 2 fits. I still amaze my guys sewing , I'll drop the skin on once with a mannakin out of the box, take some notes, draw on mannakin a little, refreeze the skin.
    Do everything I need to do, pull it out for one fit before welding and check fit, then , it usually is right on. Then refreeze sculpt detail, pull and mount. It's just is old hat, done it enough times in 35 years that it I just know from a fit or two, what i need to do, It's usually all in proportion, legs and body to head.
    Thanks Red Stag, I wish I had the patient to those small animals, your small game pics posted here Amaze Me!,

17. I am with Redstag. Please show more as you progress. Truly, truly astounding. Frank.