1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 3~ Week # 38

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 3~ Week # 38

A very warm and hardy Monday Evening from Hinsdale New Hampshire!! I just got my pictures back from the world show that I mad eup in to photos and WOW I can say this had to be the most if not one of the most talent filled world shows! I can’t wait for Breakthrough to come out and see the really cool pictures!

I hope your fish taxidermy season is going well for you all! I have been talking to some of you and the news is getting better from those I have talked to! Carry on and continue to give your clients the best work you can while you make money doing so!

I hope your fish season is going well and your inspired as I ‘m by the great work you all share week in and week out!

So many Talented and gifted fish artists come here each and every week and share with us their passion and inspiration we all can use to motivate us to the next level of satisfaction and success!

Let's start of the week recognizing those who shared their wonderful work with all of us!

Lake Country replicas!!! For their kindness and generosity for a wonderful young lady!

Kevin Halle! Kevin a great Bass this week from you! Super job!

Dan Blackstone!!! Dan your talent and breathtaking detail is truly and inspiration to all of us! Well done and beautiful!

MK!!! A great Pike from you this week! I love your Avatar cooooooooold! Great work!

Garyc71!!! Way way cool! Love the Sharks! Gary you sure did this fish justice! I think it is so cool that your taking a memory and making it come to life once again for you clients! Great stuff!

U.P. Trapper! Sweet Rainbow! Great work for your little girl!

Joey Arender!!! Joey this is a well done on the Schellcracker!! I really like the composition!

Wishbone!!! Steven a great job on the Blue Gill! Keep up the great work!

Kerby Ross!!! WOW Kerby I love the Smallie! Nice presentation I hope this work of art did well for you!

Runnoft!!! Bard I’m so glad you got that hog of a Laker on the net!!! A tough fish to do ask any one who has done one and you did a outstanding job on this one!

Carl Scroggins! Carl you truly are improving!!! I have been watching your progress as you sharpen your skills! Well done!

Akairman!!! A good job for a free fish or other wise! Your friend will love it!

RP!!! Rian I can’t thank you enough for the beautiful display of your wide range of talents you have! I enjoy seeing your work and appreciate your devotion to the art of fish taxidermy! Your gift this week is truly inspiring!

Denn007!!! Denny nice work on the crappie! Well done!

KAMohunter!!! I personally love Stripers and you did a outstanding job on this one! Great work Chris!

I want to thank all of the great contributors who really show not only great talent and work but rather give such inspiration to all of us!

A great week Fishheads!!!!!
    From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every week in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another.

I would like to start this week with a A gorgeous Brown Trout done by no other then our great friend UFD Mr. Dave Campbell of Tacoma, Washington! Dave is no stranger to the week in fish pictures and this week Dave brings us a Brown that was a lot of work to get to be a great looking as it turned out. A little grinding here and some body alterations there and there you have it a stunning Brown! Dave made me laugh he wasn’t sure if his client would like it??? LOL! Dave you’re too modest and so very talented! Let this brown be an inspiration for some of your own personal photo inspiration folders!
    I hope you enjoy the fish work of Uncle Dave Campbell!

So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the week!

So with out further ado let's get week # 38 under way.

So here we go and here is to a great week in fish pictures!!!! # 38 Enjoy!

My Best!

You're Friend
    Rick Krane

Here is the Brown after Dave gave it a good working over now it is ready for some paint!
    [​IMG]

Here is the Beautiful Brown once Dave put his signature natural paint work to create this wonderful fish for a client! Way to go Dave!
    [​IMG]

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry
    312 Chesterfield Road
    Hinsdale New Hampshire 03451
    Office 603-336-7296
    Email rmkinc1@msn.com
    Web www.anglersartistry.com

2. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

Dave,I always find myself returning to your work again and again staring with feeling of disbelief at what you can do. I am always at a loss for words when I look at what you are able to create with your talent. You are truly an inspiration of mine and a motivator be better. Thank you.

3. Joey Arender

Joey Arender big mouth alert

Dang nice brown. I hate to put this here after that

Here is my first ever fish drawing. I was bored on my flight back from vegas tonight so grabed my in-fisherman and started drawing what I saw

it just didn't turn out the same as the one on the cover.. LOL

[​IMG]

I have two crappie to cast and one to rebuild I hope this week ..if I get them done I will post them later...going to get some sleep now

4. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Active Member

Thanks Rick

Here is a small contribution for this week.
    Atlantic Sailfish
    [​IMG]

5. Great work again this week Dave!

Here's a custom molded bluegill for my sons first fish. Since this fish he's gone crazy over fishing and caught bigger but this one got him going. An 8.5" custom mold and cast with Jeff's lenses.

Here's the happy fisherman.
    [​IMG]

Here's one of my reference pics to show the different coloration.
    [​IMG]

The finished mount.
    [​IMG]

Hey Rick see you in a few days!!!!!!!

6. Awesome fish so far everyone.
    Dave your work is sick. I aways dream of being that good.
    Khalle great Sailfish and I'll follow with one I did. Third Sailfish I have ever done. Don't get many in Michigan.
    Travis that is a great picture of your son and awesome work on his Gill.
    This is a 77" Sailfish I painted for a fellow Michigan Taxidermist.

7. Not sure why I can't post pictures, maybe next week. I also have a 65LB King from JG replicas that I finally finished and my first Dolphin that was a blast to paint. If anyone knows why I can't post please let me know. Thanks, Randy

8. Not sure if I have posted this.
    [​IMG]
    Wholesale crappie.

9. fishtail

fishtail New Member

Nice fish everyone. Awesome Brown UFD!

This is a 27" Rainbow caught on the San Juan River. Great blank from Campbellfish.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. den007

den007 Active Member

Here are a few pics .....freeze dry panfish. Little 16 inch walleye had scales detailed with the neat airbrush Pescado showed me at the World Show. Incredible tool. Tiny, tiny details one after the next and FAST! No cloggage. Enjoying doing my own eyes now. How about that underwater habitat! Fish seem to be keying in on that same structure. LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Active Member

Thanks Randy! I did that one before I discovered Taxinet.

12. GBRUCH

GBRUCH "I am nothing without christ".....John 15:5

I can share a couple of white crappies I molded/cast and finished last week.
    I very rarely get to work on crappie --usually 1 every couple years so I am still a crappie newbie ;D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also have to give a full endorsement to Jeff Lumsdens -still life eyes. I have used them in 3 of the last 5 fish including these crappies and I must say -- I will use no other eye!!!
    Absolutely fantastic product and really enjoy being able to control the entire outlook of the eye. Thanks Jeff for the best eye out there!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. GreenBullhead

GreenBullhead Peep peeep peep C:

Great fish so far everyone! Nice drawing Joey. :)

Gary your work is amazing!!

14. den007

den007 Active Member

Gary.............
    No other eye??????? LOLOLOL

Please............check out Tim Wynia..........better yet, see them in "the flesh."

Best replicas..............best eyes.

15. Capt. Bryan

Capt. Bryan New Member

I want to see a pair............................

16. den007

den007 Active Member

Capt. Bryan.......check out the Newbie post by DKaiser. I am sure Tim can get you some. As you can see, he paints them up really nice.

17. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

Love that rainbow fishtail. That IS a great blank.

Very nice looking crappies Gary.

18. GBRUCH

GBRUCH "I am nothing without christ".....John 15:5

Den ---I know I didn't stutter cause I can't type that---Lol.

I respectively stated my opinion and will use no other. if your happy with the eye your using I say good---then you know how happy I am.

19. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL HAHAHAHAHA That was funny...

I think Gary is capable of producing a replica of, at minimum, the same quality of Wynia, just my opinion. Seriously? As for the eyes, I've seen both, in my shop, and for what it's worth this peon will also exclusively use Still Life Lenses. Hopefully I'll have a fish to add this week, and Gary, the crappies are nice. I like the lighter colored one better, no reason, I just do. Good job everyone.

20. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

He just posted one...??? see
    [​IMG]