1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

I need some opinions.....

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by *, Jun 23, 2009.

1. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

I started my new 36 page color brochure and need some opinions, I have a rough up of the cover and some inside pages
    Let me have it :p, The good the bad and the ugly...
    I prefer to let pictures do the talking so I go light on type....
    Guys don't want to read they wanna see pictures ;D

This is the cover

http://www.artistryofwildlife.com/images/cover9by11.5.jpg

Some inside pages, 32 in all

http://www.artistryofwildlife.com/images/Cougar.jpg

http://www.artistryofwildlife.com/images/coverShoulder.jpg

THANKS

2. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Dennis, I'm having a little trouble reading the text. Perhaps a different font. The pics are beautiful.

3. whitetail94

whitetail94 New Member

Looks awesome Dennis, I would love to visit your studio one day.
    Michael

4. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman $90 for your fur made into trapper hat or mitts!

I agree with antlerman, keep that font for the Title, but use something less swirly for the body of the text.

The cougar on the top right, a little more fade on the bottom left corner of the shoulder...maybe round it out.

Other than that they look great, I like the dark background.

5. jcompton

jcompton “One of these days Alice. Pow!Right in the kisser"

Dennis, on the cougar page, the word "metal" should it be medal? that should turn out to be a very nice brochure.

6. trophy time

trophy time " Preserving a lifetime of memories since 1990 "

Your brochure is going to look great.

7. Missouri Creek Studio

Missouri Creek Studio Black buck Walnut pedestal

Dennis: You might cut back off the number of pages and photos. Your work is outstanding, but you can always direct your potential clients to your web site with even more examples, sometimes less is more in it perks their interest to consider your work. JMHO

8. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

I say attack with as many pics as possible. They won't look through half of them and they'll put it down convinced you're the guy to use. Your brochure will be like a nuclear warhead of taxidermy!
    For your quotes I would include the person by whom they were coined if available.

9. grumpa

grumpa Member

exhultation should be exultation

10. *

Thanks so far folks

Justin you nailed it if a guy has a bear he wants to see bears, if a guy's got a rhino he wants to see rhino pics, a bongo, bongo pics and on and on, African safari's show him what he shot. You go big or stay home. ;D All the quotes are mine. ;D

Missouri, Thanks, that is one way but I don't want to chum them in, you want them to take it hook line and sinker....

I'll work on the font TIM, and Wolfie I will round them edges now .

Compton, I thought it was wrong, Thanks a lot

Thanks for what you saw and I didn't.

Thanks Grumpa !! your right, like I say it rough start ;D real rough

11. ed150

ed150 deer city time

pretty impressive,i would say the more pics the better,try to cover all the bases,bears ,african,u definatly need air lion in it

12. cattrax

cattrax Beats being in the shop!

It won't hurt to have more, but it might not help either. Your work and photography are outstanding as always but you might not need it all especially with your website. I recently scaled down from a full color fold out brochure to a full color rack card and got the website going. Customers say the simpler rack card has more effect. They say it's a tease and they want to see more and get directed to the site. If cost is not an issue for you, though, what the heck, bring out all the big guns. It certainly has a very classy look.

13. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

Consider this though....if Dennis puts out a full color 36 page brochure it's less likely to get thrown away. That brochure will be fixture on an end table, night stand, coffe table or toilet. Any client in *'s demographic will keep that around and daydream while flipping through it. Getting the client's wheels to turn generally results in a bigger receipt :)

14. AUplantman

AUplantman New Member

I agree about the font, definately need an easier to read font. I believe the more pics the better also. Check the cover and I think you meant to say "Never relinquish"....instead of relinqhish.

Looks good, Hope to see the finished brochure when your done.

15. cattrax

There's alot to be said for the WOW factor!!!

16. *

Now you think like me ;D

17. gab

gab Active Member

savor instead of savore

18. cattrax

Of course, if it's on the coffee table, it's not a brochure, it's a catalog!

19. Sarge

Sarge A little too much Lord *hic*

I think it looks good Dennis, my only questio n is when are you gonna stop calling it a 36 page Brochure and start adding a how to section so we can subscribe and get your new Taxidedrmy Magazine.

I would subscribe to your new Magazine for tips tricks and ideas on how to float those beautiful pieces of yours on the head of a stick pin.

JMO

Jeff

20. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Besides.......

Besides GREAT WORK and GREAT PHOTOGRAPHY................

1st link: "Master Taxidermists.... " unless you are referring to more than yourself, drop the "s", otherwise possessive has an aposterphy.

2nd link: "A Taxidermists Metal..... " again add the aposterphy ' is showing possession and an s to show plural.

3rd link: The Kudu pic needs to be dropped down so the words line up like the top pics/words

Other than that...SPOT ON !

Great stuff!

:)

Kerby...