1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

I need some opinions.....

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by *, Jun 23, 2009.

1. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

I'm a proofreading nut. Some words are capitalized that shouldn't be. Make sure the spelling, grammar and punctuation are all correct....I'm sure some of your clients are highly educated doctors and such! I'm sure it wouldn't keep them from using you regardless. Normally, when you look at a top of the line company's brochure, the above mentioned is spot on! I'm sure you want it to match the quality of the work you do. I also agree with the font comments. I'm just a nobody, but you asked for opinions! You're still the man in my book! Good luck.

2. for that font the letters(the word on the bottom about the hunt and anticipation ) are to small the pixels are sorta bunched together kind of like we you get a low pixeled image and try to size it down a bunch if you get what I'm saying.

3. Russ of V.O.W.T

Russ of V.O.W.T my Ken Edwards moment

i agree Dennis, its gonna be awesome, but the font is hard to read, and i am not sure "metal" is even spelled "medal" like someone asked, definitely get a proof reader to do the finalization and make sure the punctuation and verbage is right, nobody else attacks big name clients like i see you do, and you definitely want them seeing everything exactly like its supposed to read. You have a great idea, and your running with it, i cant wait to see it.

4. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

my opinion lose the " " on your world champion part...looks like if it's in quotes, it's self proclaimed and I was there when you won the award at the World Show, so it isn't self proclaimed, it's a fact.

5. gab

gab Active Member

I think the proper spelling in the context is mettle,not metal

6. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

Savour is also accepted. The word is mettle.

7. Tricia

Tricia New Member

LMAO just don't hire Russ to proof the final product or you'll end up ATTACKING (I think he meant attracting ;) ) big name clients.

8. Russ of V.O.W.T

Russ of V.O.W.T my Ken Edwards moment

NO, i meant attack :p he attacks that part of the industry like i have seen no other do. ;)

9. Dennis, your pics are amazing as is your work, spelling errors: mettle, preserves

10. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

I didn't read all the replies, and perhaps someone said it already, but your mainline font should be different from your body font. IMO
    You want the two elements to stand separate. People then are more likely to read the whole page.
    You could also add some depth effects very slightly to the typography to give the effect of a third dimension. A very slight emboss effect or drop shadow..VERY SLIGHT NOW!
    These effects can be, and often are, overdone.

Look at Russ's logo and you will see the drop shadow effect used well, on his company name.

11. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

Oh and it is Mettle and apostrophe' and preserves.

12. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

Very nice. I wish the biggest problem I had making my own brochure like that was adjusting some font styles. That hyena mount is KICK ASS!

13. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

Had a few minutes tonight to make another page...

-

14. rj9289

rj9289 Buck the system, be an individual, be who you are.

if you want my opinion here ya go, i think you should shrink the two smaller pictures to the same size.
    also it looks like the exact same angle twice....kinda.
    but i still like it.

15. *

Thanks Ryan, I hate symmetry. So I just can't make myself to it. ;D
    I thank you very much for your thoughts
    I do appreciate it
    DENNIS

16. rj9289

rj9289 Buck the system, be an individual, be who you are.

no problem Dennis. heres another thought. did you think about having one picture a closeup of the couger, and the other a closeup of the elk? Giving better detail to the two animals closer and then having the final piece in the middle....?

I just like giving my ideas. you cant go wrong any way you do it.

Ryan.

17. *

Yes I have some other pages with a cougar deer that will be like that

18. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

That elk is coming right off the page! Great depth and balance to that page.

19. CJ1

CJ1 New Member

that is sick keep up the great work

20. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Dennis,......

I like the three smaller pictures, they show flow and movement....sequence sort of.

Gotta watch the spelling. Two words aren't spelled correctly. :)

BEAUTIFUL WORK!

Kerby...