1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 3~ Week # 39

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 3~ Week # 39

A very warm and hardy Monday Evening from Hinsdale New Hampshire!! I’m so happy this week I have final eared some time off in the next couple of days! I am finishing up on the Small mouth and the habitat I did for seminars at the world Show which I will be putting on Ebay next week to help raise money for the cure for breast cancer. As well all from tie to time put our talents where it can do the most I all this year have been painting fish at the State shows and then donating them back to help raise money for the State Shows and for the cure for Breast Cancer! Kathie asked me to help out and share my talents with the folks for the cure. I did one better I have been sharing our taxidermy industry with the Susan G Komen foundation by letting them see how great, caring and generous we as taxidermist are. All the States that have participated are listed now as donators in there National web site! Cool for the industry and cool for we as Taxidermist! Taxidermist often get a bad rape or are portrayed as less then a kind and socially caring group but this now is recognized by this national organization as anything but not true!

I hope your fish taxidermy season is going well for you all! I have been talking to some of you and the news is getting better from those I have talked to! Carry on and continue to give your clients the best work you can while you make money doing so!

I hope your fish season is going well and your inspired as I ‘m by the great work you all share week in and week out!

So many Talented and gifted fish artists come here each and every week and share with us their passion and inspiration we all can use to motivate us to the next level of satisfaction and success!

Let's start of the week recognizing those who shared their wonderful work with all of us!

Dave Campbell!!! Absolutely spectacular brown!

Joey Arender!!! Joey I love to see other talents of the family of fishheads! Way cool!

Kevin Halle!!! Beautiful Bill fish my friend!!!

Travis Jones!!! What an outstanding job on your Big mans fish especially the unconventional variation in color… super depiction! He is way to cool and so are your fish!

Randy Budzynski!!! Randy some truly killer fish from you this week!

John C!!! John very nice Crappie!

Fishtail!!! Sweeet Rainbow well done!!!

Denny!!! Great work on your panfish and walleye! Well done!

Gary B!!! Well done on the Crappies! I like the complimentary presentation.

Red Stag!!!! Ollie!!!! Man this is some of the best work I have ever seen on Salmo Salzar!!!! Your reproductions work is world class my friend!

Alabamarutandstrut!!! A very wonderful and humble fish never mind the attempt! Great work guy!

Cole Cruickshank!!! Very very nice Bass work! This is well done work and exceptional wholesale work!

Bill Dishman!!!! Bill this is way you are a incredible teacher and a leader in the industry! A beautiful Rainbow my friend!

Garyc71!!! Gary in the week of such beautiful Rainbows you too give us a great fish of inspiration!

I want to thank all of the great contributors who really show not only great talent and work but rather give such inspiration to all of us!

A great week Fishheads!!!!!
    From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every week in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another.

I would like to start this week with a great friend and fellow member of the Anglers Artistry family Mr. Travis Jones of Seaboard North Carolinia!! Travis is no stranger among the week in fish pictures but I thought where he is Hanging out in New Hampshire this week with me and his wonderful family that we would be honored by one of his super fish!
    I hope you enjoy the fish work of Travis Jones!

So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the week!

So with out further ado let's get week # 39 under way.

So here we go and here is to a great week in fish pictures!!!! # 39 Enjoy!

My Best!

You're Friend
    Rick Krane

Here is a Rock Fish by Travis!
    [​IMG]
    Here is a closer look at the head!
    [​IMG]
    Have a great week!

My Best!

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry
    312 Chesterfield Road
    Hinsdale New Hampshire 03451
    603-336-7296
    rmkinc1@msn.com
    www.anglersartistry.com

2. Travis man that is an awesome striped bass.
    and an awesome good cause Rick!

Everything from the last few weeks has been awesome.
    And Dave's Brown from last week was unreal!! I have a brown very similar to do soon and I found that one very inspirational.

I have been very busy the last month, both with work and with life, and have found it very hard to get into my shop to work, but its been very nice seeing all the work being done.
    Thanks all!! KEEP POSTING :D

Here are a few from me.
    One I finished earlier in the month and another that just went out the door.

First is a 31" Walleye (custom replica)

[​IMG]

and a whopper 26" White Catfish (again custom replica)

[​IMG]

3. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Totally sweeeeet fish Josh!!!! Thanks for the kindness and the support on the effort being made for the cure for Breast Cancer!

Rick

4. fishmedic

fishmedic R.I.P. Alli !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Way to go Rick....

Rick, you are doing a good thing for sure!

:)

Josh, WOW.

Kerby...

6. Joey Arender

Joey Arender big mouth alert

Nice rockfish...

bluegill from the tutorial I did

[​IMG]

7. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Active Member

Thanks again Rick!
    I just finished this one for a 6 year old boy, his first bass!

Attached Files:

8. Joey Arender

here is the black crappie custom molded . I just put in the tutoril section.

I love this thread every week.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Active Member

Joey, nice crappie and gill!

10. [​IMG]

I am done competing with this fish so here the pic.

Black Forest Eyes!

11. J. Sonner

J. Sonner New Member

nice lookin' fish everyone. conrats on the awards John.

12. Not up to some of your standards,you all do some crazy good fish,but here goes
    first steelhead
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    first replica,I wish Joey would have had his tutorial up a day before,lol
    [​IMG]

13. UFD

UFD New Member

Wow, what an awesome start to the week!!! Travis, killer lookin' Striper! Josh, those two fish are absolutely beautimous, and the walleye has a lot of nice color effects going on - a virtual visual feast! Khalle, way to go, that fish will be very appreciated over the years by that young fisherman. fishmedic, your markings are looking good! Joey, sweet Crappie, and I think a lot of folks will get a lot of good use out of your tutorial. John, overall a very pleasing presentation and a super sweet Brook - congratulations on the awards! u.p.trapper, overall a nice representation of a Steelhead for your first one.

Last week I finished a replica of a 21 lb marine-caught Coho using the JG Replicas RCS2 with modified fins and kype, and it was a bit unusual for me because my client wanted it displayed different than what I usually do. So, no driftwood or rocks, which is entirely understandable for a fish caught in open water. He was open to something a bit on the abstract side (which I typically try to stay away from). Originally when we talked I suggested that I could do something out of tinted plexiglas, and was thinking of just kind of a single wave representation, but over the last few weeks I changed my first idea and decided on a different design. My intention was not to make realistic water, but use something to give the illusion of flow and direction and the feeling of open space. The greenish tint is not to represent any type of seaweed, but rather to suggest the color of the marine water in the area where the fish was caught. Anyway, this is it:

[​IMG]

Here is a shot of the fish from a rearward angle which shows the chrome effects on the fish (in contrast to the skin tones on the previous photo seen from a forward angle):

[​IMG]

And here is a picture of the eye, painted from Still Life lenses:

[​IMG]

14. crankin

crankin New Member

WI
    but far the best thread on this forum!!! great work everyone!!

15. Chad See

Chad See Certified "Fish Head"

UFD, you are the MAN! Beautiful fish work! LOVE presentation and paint work.

16. J. Sonner

J. Sonner New Member

I knew I should have posted this earlier. Now I have to follow UFD-oh great ;). I haven'r posted anything in while. Here's a small hold-over hatchery 'bow from one of our local small rivers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Dave,

Besides the awesome mount...I like the pexiglass.

Kerby...

18. Same here Kerby. Great fish this week as always. I get so inspired looking at everyones work of art. Busy doing other things here this week so hope to post something soon.

19. Joey Arender

Congrats john. Sweet as molasses dave. Nice everyone. Keep em coming

20. den007

den007 Active Member

Hoping to get my monster blue cat up real soon. Til then, the usual Sconnie stuff.

[​IMG]

Think I will dig out the old eye and put in this one!

[​IMG]