1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Fish Lure Identification

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Gina, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Gina

Gina New Member

I am having a real hard time getting an identification on these lures. I dont know what they are called. I inherited them from a friend after thier grandfather passed away. She thought I would like them because "Your so into the outdoors" But I am not much of a fisherman, as far as fancy stuff like this. I know they are old though, I remember my Dad having some like these when i was just a toddler. So if anyone could let me know what they are and what they are used for (lake, stream, ocean) I would really appreciate it.

2. They look like "Spin-n-Glo's" to me. I don't know how old they would be, but the first one I ever saw was in Alaska in 1979 on my first trip there. They are used for large trout and especially salmon. Nowadays you find them all around the Country.

3. Gina

Gina New Member

Thanks!! I'll try that out. I was thinking that if ever I did any fish repros, these might be neat to have sticking out of the mouth...LOL