1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Lifesize Mammal of the Month #16 (7/09-8/09)

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Doylestudio, Jul 2, 2009.

1. groanerskennels

groanerskennels Pronghorn - painting

LMAO, wrong time to have posted my yote :D surrounded by all these amazing looking yote mounts...NAV that is amazing!

2. Russ of V.O.W.T

Russ of V.O.W.T my Ken Edwards moment

i dont post here much, i dont get a ton of lifesize work, so this is a rarity for me LOL i usually do 10 to 15 peices a year that are lifesize and thats it. this one is fresh mounted, still very wet so no finish work done.

[​IMG]

3. DeeCee

DeeCee New Member

Russ, I like that base! Nice cat too!

4. Russ of V.O.W.T

Dee, thats a white pine slab from the mill, i took a chainsaw to it to get the pattern and woodburned the sides and lip around the top, the dirt work will come out to that edge that is burnt.

thanks. ;)

5. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

Thought this was one of a kind, not so much. :mad:

Attached Files:

6. dplais7124

dplais7124 Active Member

russ i just mounted a bobcat last week on that very same form.

7. Russ of V.O.W.T

its a pretty common here LOL people seem to like it, and when i quote open mouth mounts, they back down to closed mouth real quick .

8. BillFromPa

BillFromPa Active Member

That looks great Russ! Whos form is that?

I get the same reaction with open mouth prices. I mounted a doe for a women who wanted it with an apple in its mouth. She shot it eating an apple out of the bait pile. It was funny because she brought it to me with the apple still in its mouth. LOL First she couldnt understand why it cost the same as a buck ::) and settled on the closed mouth shoulder mount. I even quoted her a good price since it was the 3rd piece I did for her that season but still wasnt happy.

9. Russ of V.O.W.T

Bill, its a makenzie form right out of the catalog.

I get alot of deer here in the shop with "bait" still in their mouths, i say this, because its illegal to bait them LOL i see alot of deer here with corn in their gums, LOL but now adays everyone here is cropping corn, because of biodeisel, so i guess proving its actually bait would be hard.

10. ShedEgo

ShedEgo New Member

heres one I finally took pictures of.
    Gray squirrel on a stump.

[​IMG]

11. Doylestudio

Doylestudio Active Member

Like your Yote there NAV. Great eye expression.

Mike

12. NAV

NAV Frontier Taxidermy

Silver Rose, Roger L, groanerskennel, Thanks for all the compliments on my yote.

Mike - Thanks for the compliment too. Are you heading back to Nebraska for the bow season again this year?

13. Russ of V.O.W.T

here is a coyote that was purchased from Dan Hudzik for a student here at my shop learning basic taxidermy, he did this coyote, and a lifesize badger that will be posted in a day or two. Lance Parsons is the guys name, he is doing 2 lifesize, 2 fish, 2 gameheads/deer, and 2 birds. It is just basic taxidermy, but he got in on my sons snake mounting today, got a few "shivers" i think LOL and learned how to do one. anyhow i told him i would post this for him, he is a proud peacock i think LOL

[​IMG]

14. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

Here's my first Mountain Goat. Delivering it and a Moose S/M tomorrow. It was actually a big Nanny. Customer wanted this position, I would have liked it better with the head up.

Attached Files:

15. Russ of V.O.W.T

thats sweet marty, regardless of pose, i like it. Your tackling bigger lifesizes that i am getting to in my shop LOL, in a couple of weeks i will have a blackbear lifesize for the thread though.

16. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Yep that coyote looks familiar Russ. LOL I shot her with a slug during deer season. She didn't even get a chance to run off. LOL Tell Lance he did a good job for his 1st coyote! Looks better than my 1st one did.

17. Russ of V.O.W.T

Dan, thats not only his first Yote, its only his 2nd mount ever, his first , the badger we got from you isnt finished habitat wise, he is doing very well for a beginner, he knows he over filled the feet with clay, but most people on their first either over or under fill em anyway LOL

18. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Your right. Like I said he did a good job. Can't wait to see the badger too. Later, Dan

19. Guess I should put this up here also. This is my 4th lifesize bobcat mount.

Attached Files:

20. crankin

crankin New Member

WI
    very nice Charlie!!