1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Lifesize Mammal of the Month #16 (7/09-8/09)

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Doylestudio, Jul 2, 2009.

1. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

They can be SMART sometimes and they can be DUMB as DIRT(been there done that). COOL beaver Bill Motzer

2. 300savage

300savage Life Is Good

PA
    Heres one my friend did........ I only did the finish work. Carcass cast

[​IMG]

3. looks nice what colors did you use around the the eyes and on the nose

4. Auggie

Auggie Startem young

Thanks. Kind of a mix. Rich brown with a few drops of burnt sienna. Then I misted back over that with a chocolate brown. This guy is much more red than the picture shows, almost like a fox.

5. KevinH

KevinH Active Member

Samantha - either that fox is small or that rabbit/hare is huge, I think it would have gave that fox a tussle in real life, nice mount.

300savage- I like the bear cub too, Ive kinda been wanting to try a carcass cast but just havent had the time to "play around"

6. TheTrophyRoom

TheTrophyRoom New Member

[​IMG]

7. Big Sky

Big Sky Member

The Trophy Room, that is a great mount. How about a few details about it?

8. aussiesam

aussiesam I'm an Australian.

Thanks.
    Yep, that is just a rabbit and our rabbits are huge. Same with the hares. Commercial forms are too small by about 2 to 3 inches. Usually alter snow-shoe forms for them.
    Havnt got round to making my own yet although I have some aside for casting. I just never seem to have time and altering is easy enough.

In saying that though...our foxes tackle young kangaroos and sheep daily so a big rabbit doesnt bother them. :)
    They, along with the wild dog are our top predator.
    Its an average size fox.

Love that sheep mount above.

9. My first lifesize

Attached Files:

10. HOLMES

HOLMES Active Member

Nice goat Dale and the base is out of the park. I love it.

11. Thanks Holmes, I took a lifesize mammal and habitat workshop from Shawn Dawson of Timberland Taxidermy in Great Falls, Montana.
    Shawn gave me direction and critique, but let my creative juices flow. I altered the form from front elevated to descending and for size as well. This is my finished piece and I am thrilled with it!!! Thanks again
    Dale

12. bigyay

bigyay Member

Sam love your work

13. trapperr

trapperr New Member

Beautiful Rock Work !!! That Really Makes The Mount Look Special ! Good Job !