1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

H2O at last

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by AOTaxi, Jul 8, 2009.

1. AOTaxi

AOTaxi She's a keeper!

I built my shop about a year ago but ran out of $$$$ before I could plumb, insulate, and sheat the lid and walls, , after sweating my butt off for the last three months, doing the back and forth from house to shop 10 times a day for bathroom breaks and washing of birds etc, I got the plumbing done today, insulated , and got most of lid and walls sheathed with plywood over the last week, what a relief and a drop in temperature now I can get the shop organized and buckle down on the work again!!

I will post pics as soon as I get organized and rollin again!!

AO

2. SteveP

SteveP New Member

AO, I'm glad to see someone else kinda in my shoes. I got my sink in, most of the electrical done, painting, most of the benches, and most of the organizing done. I still have to finish a couple of those things and cut in the A/C through the wall. I've been squeezing in a little taxiing. I'll get some pictures after a few more totes are unpacked. It's only about 10'x22' with a small "L" for the sink area.

I'm looking forward to the pictures of your shop.

3. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

I'm sure that's a great feeling! Good luck with your new found freedom!!

4. BeckyBird

BeckyBird My Baby Bluebirds

Haha AO, I am waiting for my water and walls too! We also got a new shop, this Feb, and I was too broke to afford drywall, insulation, and plumbing. Now I have the funds again, and my showroom has a huge stack of drywall and rolls of insulation sitting there! It will be great to work in a nice cool shop once the walls are finished. But by then, it will probably be cold outside lol!

Lucky you have water though! I don't know when we will get that put in. My goal is to have everything finished by Sept., when the new season arrives. Well, enjoy your new luxuries!

5. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Water is over rated :D
    Congrats on finally getting it done. ;)