1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

THANKS KEN..... for the cover of Taxidermy.net

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by *, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Hoosiertaxman

Hoosiertaxman Papa's Pride & Joy

Congratulations Dennis, even for us who aren't as gifted as you, your work always inspires us Bill

2. Dennis is awsome, congrats, dude!

3. Dennis, Great Job
    when I first saw you Sat. night I almost felt the need to confess.....LOL

4. snowhare

snowhare New Member

:D :D :D

DENNIS

AN OTHER JOB WEL DONE , AND I HERE BY WISH YOU ALL CONGRATS IN THE TAXIDERMY WORLD, YOU HAVE BIN A GREAT INSPERATION TO ME , SO MY NEXT SQUIRRELS WILL BE AIR BORN
    SNOWHARE THE NETHERLANDS

5. zubba

zubba New Member

Very nice Dennis. Damn.

6. Don Jahner

Don Jahner Well-Known Member

Congrats, Beautiful mount, Can you give me a guesstamate on the weight of the cougar.

7. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Dennis another fantastic piece. Congrats on all the awards and the FRONT PAGE! You are the man my friend. Congrats again. Dan

8. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

Cougar mounted weight or live weight??
    Alive the cougar was just a 140 lb

If your talking about the mount

Base weight 650+
    Elk about 350+
    Cougar about 75-80lbs
    Total around 1000 to 1050 lbs

9. Doug Motgomery

Doug Motgomery Active Member

You deserve it...............

10. Don Jahner

Don Jahner Well-Known Member

Wow 1000lbs, that must be what you were getting the burly help lined up for a bit back, I was talking live cat weight thought, never seen a live cougar but had a herd of Elk walk about 20 ft from me in Atlanta Mi, so I was kind of trying to judge size to size. Congrats again.

11. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

Congratulations Dennis!!! And a special thanks for letting me take a picture with you and the young lady named Cassie from Eunice, LA. She asked me if I thought you would be in the picture with her...I asked, you agreed...you are the man!...you made that young aspiring taxidermists' day! I will try to get a copy of that picture from her and forward it to you.

Congratulations again!

joeym

12. CarlScroggins

CarlScroggins Oct. 25 1985...It was a good day.

Congratulations Dennis! That piece is truly awe inspiring! The engineering on it is amazing, but I am also equally perplexed as to how you got it to the show and got it put together. Good work. I wish I would have had a chance to get to know you at the show, but my schedule was too hecktic.

13. whitetail94

whitetail94 New Member

Congrats *, another exceptional piece that keeps you looking at it waiting to see what the out come of the chase will be.

14. Patrick J

Patrick J You've got me mistaken for someone else

LOL
    I was kinda thinkin the same thing only that was an elk I shot. Just makes it more special I guess when you see what a true artist can do with it. I remember thinking I ought to just half this elk to load it in the truck but figured someone would want it. Always like looking at that mount