1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Need help placing coyote ears

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by swills, Jul 14, 2009.

1. swills

swills New Member

I am trying to get a coyote form preped and am unsure if I have the ears in the right place. Here are a couple of pictures of where I have one ear. Does it look like it is in the right position on the head? From my photos of the coyote while it was alive the bottom of the ear butt looks like it is even with the bottom of the eye, but that is with its ears up and looking forward. This form is howling. Any help would be great.

Attached Files:

2. BillFromPa

BillFromPa Active Member

I think the ear butts may be set a little too far back but I could be wrong. I would take a coyote skull and measure from the eye to where the ear canal is on the skull and use that as a reference also. Remember that the ear canal on the ear butt attaches at this point and setting the ears too far back would dislocate this junction.

3. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

Take a picture looking down his muzzle and post it. It looks like you may have the ear to far down the side of the head.

4. swills

swills New Member

Here is the picture you asked about and a picture of the live coyote. I had a feeling the earbutt is too low, what do you think. Thanks.

Attached Files:

5. BillFromPa

BillFromPa Active Member

I sent you a PM. ;)

6. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

http://pro.corbis.com/Search/SearchResults.aspx?q=howling+coyote

Here is a bunch of reference pics of howling coyotes..

7. swills

swills New Member

Thanks those are helpful

8. Judysan

Judysan The Roadkill Queen

love this one

Attached Files:

9. J. Sonner

J. Sonner New Member

aren't those liners for an alert pose? When ears go basck they change shape dramatically.

10. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

That was another ting I was noticing, The ears are at way to much of angle going away from the head.

11. hidvalltax

hidvalltax Dont travel faster than your guardian angel can go

Wrong ears for the pose most definitly