1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Personal Private ONE ON ONE Training ( N.E. ) N. Y.

Discussion in 'Training' started by Larry Vielhauer, Jan 25, 2007.

1. mitch98

mitch98 New Member

To all that see this picture, that is me Mitch from L.I, NY, the happy graduate from Larry's NorthEast School of Taxidermy. As you can see I was very busy, if your looking for one on one instruction with a teacher/instructor that will make sure you learn the trade in every area of Taxidermy than Larry is your man. We went over old fashion taxidermy up to the newest methods. Larry gave me the opportunity to decide the procedures I wanted to pursue further then tailored the course to meet my expectations. From day one we put in some long hours which continued throughout the course but the end result is what you see on the wall, 2-deer heads, 5- fish, full-size land otter, full size red fox stalking a ring-neck pheasant, a mallard duck, and a coyote head with glowing night eyes. Also not seen in the picture was the numerous other projects I assisted Larry with or what Larry demonstrated. These other projects gave me a better understanding and practice in all aspects of skinning, fleshing, and shaving various animals. The knowledge and expertise that was demonstrated by Larry has given me the confidence that I am ready to tackle any type of taxidermy mount that could be asked of me to do. The school was worth every penny, the hospitality from his girlfriend Paula, and his family (brother & sister that I met) all made me feel like part of the family. Feel free to contact me anytime through Larry for further information about Larry's NorthEast School of Taxidermy.

Mitch Rubenstein
    L.I., NY

2. To ALL those who might be LOOKING for Private Instruction................ Here are MORE successful students who have Graduated from my school in 2009..................

New Hamphere................New Mexico.......................New York & Vermont

New for 2009 - Jan- March courses were CHEAP- ( Gourmet ) Three Course MEALS ! FIT for a KING ! On Occcasion, this IS an Option here at This school .............

Some students in Jan. & Feb. 2009 took home 13 mounts & trained for 600 & 700 hours ! Choose there days & hours ( unlimited ! ) etc.

References upon request !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

<a href="http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s2/scales13669/?action

3. What town do you live in Larry? I go to school at Paul Smith's College, and live in Brandon, VT. I have been doing taxidermy for 5 years, mostly deer heads. Wanted to expand to small mammals. Maybe weekends or possibly afternoons. Send me a PM to let me know what town of NY you live in in NE NY. Thanks.

4. Hi Kim,

You should have e-mailed me & or phoned me , ? My info. is in my profile somewhere here I think or in my web site ? ( www.larrystaxidermy.com ) seems like there MUST be more info. about me somewhere for you to find, lol ?

Anyways, YES, get in touch so we can figure something out for you to continue some instruction to improve YOUR SKILLS . I have had & am getting more Vermont students in recent years as ( funding IS avail. for Vt. people for education thru ASAC , a non-degree GRANT provider for Vt. residences !

Perhaps you would APPLY & be excepted also ? I have applications here, as THEY have me listed as an APPROVED school .

5. Recent student pics ..........................Vt. student ...........Jason Sandville ..............

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Here are more pics of 2009 Stuents .................another Vermont student Dan Rich recently completed a course here !

Dan got to GO fishing & Turkey hunting while here , even had his Family com e visit & go fishing, see the st. Lawrence river valley etc. , lodging for the family was supplied at NO cost as well ........Dan left a Happy Camper & he learned a LOT

Anyone wanting References - contact info. , just ASK !

Come train & get some R & R as well at the Land of OZZ ! The .Incredable school , Larry's College of Knowledge !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Daniel*73

Daniel*73 PETA...People Eating Tasty Animals

Larry is an AWSOME teacher and a great person!!! I just got back last sunday and had a blast!!! we worked/trained hard but also got some play time to have some fun. Turkey hunting and some fishing. I HIGHLY reccomend Larry and his college of knowledge.

8. a7d1

a7d1 New Member

I just wanted to say a few words about the training offered by Larry at N.E. School of Taxidermy. I recently spent two months training with Larry and found him to be an incredible wealth of information. His dedication and effort toward the success of his students goes above the expected course curriculum. While I was there he took me and others into his home and allowed us to work at our own pace and on our own schedule ay any time of the day or night. The one thing that most people forget is that those who offer to train the new guys also have lives that need attention. He was always there for instruction or to answer questions as they arose. I take my hat off to him for the love of the profession that he possesses and the willingness he has to see others succeed. I would definitely suggest that anyone looking to start in the taxidermy business start with Larry. I would have to say that the education I received will always far outweigh the dollars spent. If anyone wishes to speak to me or e-mail me questions concerning my training please feel free to do so. Glenn Wiggin 603-347-1400, [email protected]

9. JML

JML New Member

Hi Larry, these are really impressive pictures, are you still running courses? PM sent

10. silverfox01

silverfox01 New Member

Larry,
    im gettin ready to start up full time could use a little work in some areas, im pretty close to your location (Lowville), would really like to touch base and schedule something
    thank you
    Eric
    315-376-8554

11. Hey Larry , it good to know you give some course lesson ... You probably the closer Taxidermist form me ...

My next step it to learn how to made soft tan .. do you make it ?

Stef