1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Need help finding display cases !

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by wildwings, Jul 17, 2009.

1. wildwings

wildwings New Member

Well I searched for a long time and can't find what I am looking for. Any how I know alot of you bird guys get glass cases. Are any of you willing to share where you get your cases and the prices you pay. I am thinking of getting a few cases for myself (sick of kids at the events touching) and to try to up sell more displays to customers. The problem is when a case costs $300 it is pretty steep. I know I been thinking about getting some helmet cases and convert them to small duck cases. They can be had at Hobby stores for about $40 with base. However when you jump to end table size or small so does the price. Any how enough ranting but if you could help me out it would be great thanks. Justin

2. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

go to your local glass shop...I build all my bases and measure them and have glass shop make them up......or you can just have them cut and edge the pieces and you can assemble yourself......have 2 acylic cases and one plexi and I hate them....go with real glass...

3. Check your local yellow page listing under Acrylic/Display cases. I order mine locally and the prices are very reasonable. Some cases I can get away with 3/16" andothers need 1/4". Good luck.

4. another option is stained glass shops.they can put them together for you.