1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

( Artificial )Ground hog teeth

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Mason, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Mason

Mason Active Member

Any suppliers carry them?
    I kept the skull in case I had to use them. Haven't found any in our catalogs yet.

Thanks!

2. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

I went through this some years ago & ended up using the real teeth.

3. Mason

Mason Active Member

Thanks Buddy,

Will do!

4. It's not too hard to make them out of epoxy putty.

5. Mason

Mason Active Member

I may just build them out of apoxy sculpt. Using the originals for reference.
    I know those real ones go up in there forever LOL :D

6. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Mason,

I guess this is for a personal or customer mount? You could carve them from basswood, and coat them with a thin layer of epoxy; or sculpt them straight up from epoxy; or ... back the teeth with water base clay, and make a frontal mold of them. You can use either latex or silicone rubber for the mold, and plaster as the support for the rubber. You can presculpt some gum tissue if the skull has been cleaned, or use what tissue is still there when making the mold. I quick mold can be made with something like Po-Yo silicone putty, or even use a clear silicone caulk! Then cast them in anything you like. Thinned Bondo, fiberglass, epoxy ... whatever you have. Installing little frontal copies is tons easier than installing the real thing with the bone attached. Good luck to you.

John.

7. DDavis

DDavis Active Member

McKenzie has them , check out Nookester teeth .

8. snowhare

snowhare New Member

:D :D WELL WELL

JUST USE THE ORIGINAL ONES , CUT THEM OF THE SCKUL M AND CARE THE HEAD OUT WHERE THE THEETH WILL BE EZEAY AS HELL

9. Laurier

Laurier Active Member

I always use the originals , cut , and fasten