1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Week #17 Jan 16 2007- Feb 1 2007

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    Jimmy!!! Your steelhead are just great!!!!!! Love to see more from you in the future. Rick, you are a true artist. Some day I will come over to your school of fishtaxidermy!!! ;D Thanks everybody , awesome work this week.

2. Michael Shipman

Michael Shipman Killen Merriams in SD

wow what great fish

3. dougp

dougp Active Member

mk........it IS masking tape on the eyes. Mike Kirkhart offers what he calls a "time saver" option on his blanks. With this option New Wave does the seam work, installs the mouth sets the eyes and trims the fins. All that needs to be done when receiving the blank, prior to painting, is to set the pect. and ventral fins and some general clean up. I use this option with New Wave [at extra expense] mainly because I hate grinding fiberglass and it saves me aggravation. The masking tape is applied by New Wave. On my fish and eye sets, I just paint over the eye and clean later with brush and acetone/alchohol.
    Rick...another great student piece.

Keep the photos comin' guys.....lots of beautiful fish!!

4. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Just checking in!

Mshipman!!! That is a WOW on that Rainbow of yours!!! Hope to see more work!

Thanks guys for the kind words on Jimmys fish! He was a great young man!

My Best! Have a great day!

Rick

5. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Hey!! Thanks everyone for the kind words about my steelhead. Rick is an absolutely amazing teacher!! I thoroughly enjoyed myself during my week there. Rick, tell buddy we aren't on speaking terms, LOL>>>> Anyway, you all are wonderfull artists and I enjoy seeing all of your work. Keep it up!!! :)

6. makoman

makoman Member

Hi all,great work from everyone!!! awesome weather here DOWNUNDER,marlin are going off,just finished this small mako 3D hanging.
    Cheers Kevin

7. makoman

makoman Member

OOOOOOPs ,2 of the same,here's the head shot

8. mayhem15

mayhem15 New Member

HOLEY MOLEY.... LOOK AT THAT GUY! Wow Nice job makoman

9. newguy26

newguy26 New Member

Canada
    Really nice Make there, the metallic shine in the silver stands out. Take a look at my website for all the pics of my work @ http://www.garrysfishtaxidermy.com

10. RTF

RTF Active Member

All these fish blow my mind. The work I see is just fantastic. I love them all.

Ok here is bass I just finished last weekend. I wish it was still in the shop so I could get better pictures. I did not see this post until today. How I missed it is beyond me.

11. Rick Krane

Hey Gang! Just checking in!!!!

Mako man!!!!!! WOW what a cool mako!!! Awesome work my friend!!!!!
    Clifftax!!!! That is a real nice Bass! Great job I hope you were dropping by this week!!!

Well off to more teaching! We have Mr. Fred Pride in from PA for 2 weeks so look for some pictures to come...

My Best! Have a great day!

Rick

12. idbatman

idbatman Active Member

First time posting a fish picture . I have always felt my fish need some thing more to give them that lifelike look. I hope you guys can maybe tell me what it is. Cutthroat hybrid ( cutbow) out of Henery's Lake Id

13. RTF

RTF Active Member

Thanks Rick. Coming from you, that made my day !

14. Rick Krane

Checking in!

IDbatman!!!! Very nice Cutbow!!! What did it come from I caught a few this year in Cody WY with Jim Marsico it was a bast they are beautiful fish and you did a great job on this one for sure!

Hey Cliff! man your welcome!!!!

Rick

15. Good job idbatman. Many others can and will help you out on here. One thing that sometimes gets overlooked by me and others is that the skin of a trout such as this cut throat hybid is very thin and the bumps in the foam seem to show through a bit more after the skin dries and tightens up. If you sand that foam a little finer and coat it twice with white latex paint(sanding in between coats) this will help smooth it out and those fine bumps that seem to catch light will be eliminated. Good luck!