1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

my first coyote,and a special thanks to ,,oldterryr,,

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by kycooner, Jan 26, 2007.

1. kycooner

kycooner Set'em Up Josie

for having such a informitive website,the coyote tutorial walked me rite through this

2. kycooner

kycooner Set'em Up Josie

1 more

3. kycooner

kycooner Set'em Up Josie

last one

4. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Awesome, It looks like oldterryr mounted it himself! Now you've got the itch, you'll be mounting every critter you kill now.

5. Richbo

Richbo 2nd place is the first loser!

What site does he have? I wouldn't mind checking it out myself. Thanks. Oh yea, great mount! Looks like the site really helped!

6. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

I like to encourage the beginners as much as anyone....that being said...you really need some reference photos to go by. The ears are way too far back, they need to be pointing forward, and they seem to have slid off to one side of it's head. The eyes need work too, they look bug eyed like my first coyote did. Pull the upper lid down over the top edge of the pupil..I've attached a picture of a coyote so you can see what i'm talkin about.

7. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

You got to work with those eye's, they're way off. Don't get reference from someones site, get it from pictures taken from live animal....

8. Yote's left eye is open with no expression. Great, great job for your first one.

9. kycooner

kycooner Set'em Up Josie

thanks guys for the feedback,my next one ,on the eyes i'm gonna put them in the form the morning i do it then if a pupil is off I can take a dental pick and adjust it,as far as the ears ,i bondo them and hung them off the edge of the table to set up,works great on deer ,but not real good on this,and i believe i'll buy some earliners just to use as referrence how they should be shaped,i use one forming my ear butts for deer and they look pretty good.the ears are down a bit but i was kinda going for a relaxed pose,like the one in the reference photos on this site.
    Thanks agian and any more comments or tips are greatly appreciated

10. Coot

Coot New Member

My suggestion is that if you are going to buy ear liners you should use them (not just for reference) . A nice crisp accurate ear can be acheived with an ear liner . Now, as for reference, there is plenty of it out there . When I mount anything I like to set up two pieces of cork board with all of my reference posted all over it . Put it close to your work area so you can refer to it when needed.

11. tschuppan

tschuppan New Member

It looks pretty good for your first one but I agree with the other guys you need some references

12. hunterray2002

hunterray2002 http://www.finandfoto.com

Kycooner. I'm not gonna bash your mount. It looks mighty fine for your first go round by all means.

Just currious as what methoud you used to flesh it? LOL