1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Cinnamon Black Bear finished (I hope)

Discussion in 'Wildlife Artwork and Crafts' started by Chops, Jul 19, 2009.

1. This a picture I'm working on using combination of Graphit, Derwent Graphtent and color pencils.... I just can't seem to stay motivated on this one.... I start then stop... I don't like how it's coming out... This my second color picture I've tried and I can't seem to get what I have in my head to what is on the paper... any critique or Tips is greatly appreciated.

[​IMG]

2. BVanKirk

BVanKirk package deal

Re: Cinnamon Black Bear WIP

oooo graphtents are fun! you may be getting a little overwhelmed with the all over details by working each spot start to finish as you go so maybe try to work a broader area so you dont get bored as fast. sit down and FORCE yourself (like im one to talk, ive been sitting here for an hour on what was supposed to be a coffee break)

its a lot of texture but little areas ilke the tongue should balance it out. dont give up yet!

3. Re: Cinnamon Black Bear WIP

I had to look that one up- you mean Derwent Graphitint? They look fun. And reasonably priced on dickblick.com

I see you are using a grid, which made me think you're using a photo... so is it just the colors that you can get out of your head and onto paper?

Maybe take a break from it- start something loose and fun in a sketch book, then go back. :)

4. Re: Cinnamon Black Bear WIP

It is looking awesome. But i know if I'm working on something with that much detail it is hard to stay with it. It will be worth it in the end, just stay with it.

5. AntlerAddict

AntlerAddict So many whitetails...So little time!

Great job so far! It does indeed, look time-consuming! :)

6. Re: Cinnamon Black Bear WIP

thank you.... I'm working on it every spare time I get

thanks Antler

7. Re: Cinnamon Black Bear WIP

Getting there..... gonna work on it some more tonight.

[​IMG]

8. Re: Cinnamon Black Bear WIP

you're in the homestretch now! keep going, almost there. looks like a beaut so far. :) don't forget some place to sign it.

9. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

wow...the patience involved for that detailed background...looks great, keep it up

10. BVanKirk

BVanKirk package deal

your signature should hardly be a concern, its not important to the composition

11. dplais7124

dplais7124 Active Member

chops nice work. i typically only do black and white but occassionally i'll pull out the colored pencils. very impressive.

12. Re: Cinnamon Black Bear WIP

Thanks I appreciate the complament..... Have you posted any of your work before?

13. dplais7124

dplais7124 Active Member

i'm not sure if i've ever posted my art here...probably not. i don't really have anything recent other than portraits. i'm working on a piece (black and white) that is sort of a collage of all the whitetails i mounted this past season. hopefully i'll get it done soon.

14. BVanKirk

BVanKirk package deal

derek post your stuff... its on facebook and its quite impressive

15. Re: Cinnamon Black Bear WIP

I think I'm finished..... please feel free to critique or any other suggestions...
    [​IMG]

16. BVanKirk

BVanKirk package deal

LOVE that you stuck with it and got all that detail down... dig the rounded edges at the top of your template, dig the red in the tongue and in the meat. the only thing i would do a little differently is that section of rocks in the lower right, im reading them as lacking volume and interrupting the rest of the piece. but overall VERY NICE :)

17. Added some more detail to the rocks......
    [​IMG]

18. BVanKirk

BVanKirk package deal

excellent! i think that small modification shifts the focus back to the bear. are you happy with it? you should be :)

19. Very nice. Looks like a lot of time.

20. aztaxidermy

aztaxidermy double lungsville bang'em n hang'em

CT
    very cool great job