1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 3~ Week # 42

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    Very nice Oliver! ;)

2. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

oh wow, beautiful fish oliver

3. Oliver!!
    Beautiful fish!

Very graceful and you captured the eye position perfectly.

wow
    love it!

4. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Oliver,absolutely stunning!!!!!!

5. Brian W

Brian W Well-Known Member

X2....that's giving Josh a run for his money......Wow!!!!

6. bnoody

bnoody Member

Beautiful job Oliver

Now just how big is that "European Chub"? It looks much bigger than our North American chubs.

7. KAMoHunter

KAMoHunter Proud member of the WVTA

i think its a european Rudd. or at least i think thats what it is.

8. X3 that is one crazy good looking fish Oliver. Your work is very impressive and thanks for sharing it with us.

9. of

of New Member

Thank´s for all the kind comments.
    Brian this fish is 15 inch, but they get a lot bigger. I caught one of 7 pounds two years ago.
    Kamohunter, small chubs like this have a similar anatomy like a big rudd, but a chubs head is a lot wider, almost like a carp. You can´t see this on these pictures because of the angle. The other main difference you can´t see on a picture is, that they become real predators when they get bigger. They eat baitfish, frogs and mouse, so they are really fun to catch with the flyrod using streamers, nymphs, mouse-imitations or even dryflies.

10. Jeff Lumsden

Jeff Lumsden Well-Known Member

Outstanding Oliver, very nice.

11. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

Wow Oliver !!! :eek:

I thought I would change the pace on here a little and try something a little different for posting this week. I took a pic of every fish that we finished and shipped so far this week.

I guess this is a challenge to every one......take a pic of every piece you finish for one week and post. Should show some nice variety.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All above are skin mounts...bottom two are Arp repro crappies

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Heres my fisrt fish in awhile.skin mount crappie for a little girl,,,y;all have some awesome artist on this thread,great fish from everyone :) :)l

Attached Files:

13. one more :eek: :eek: :eek: ::) ::)

Attached Files:

14. Joey Arender

Joey Arender big mouth alert

Dang Aaron how many of yall are working there. Thats a mess of perch...Cool

15. Nice crappie AL! Way to go.

16. fishmedic

fishmedic R.I.P. Alli !

I second that! ;)

17. Russ of V.O.W.T

Russ of V.O.W.T my Ken Edwards moment

Oliver, NICE fish man, you got tons of depth in that fish, and it looks great. those scales look like there pretty big on one of them, i think that would be a fun fish to paint for sure, you did a great job on it.

18. UFD

UFD Member

OK, this week I’ll keep my hipster verbiage, lingo, and vernacular at bay so no one gets confused about my positive remarks being positive or negative (lol).

I look forward to seeing the finished fish, Kevin and Rick – looks like Kevin’s off to a great start. Randy, your son has to be happier than can be with his LMB and I can tell a lot of love went into that one. Jbaker, attractively sleek looking Walleye – I really like how you went to the effort to rebuild the bottom parts of the head – very nice. Oliver, your Chub is a super piece of fish taxidermy! Aaron, what an awesome batch of fish – there will be a lot of happy customers with those.

Well, for me it’s another client’s Steelhead this week, this time a 39” lanky-lookin’ one. As usual when I get something done, there are a multitude of inaccuracies and boo-boo’s that I see on it, but I am obliged to charge customers for the good parts only and not the errors. :eek: :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. of

of New Member

What a great steelhaed UFD. Love it! Aaron, seems you guys do as many fish in one week like me in 6 months. Super nice walleye!! Right now I´m sitting in my shop and mold a funny fish, that I will post in one of the next weeks and enjoy the TWIFP.

20. trapperr

trapperr New Member

Nice Fish !!!!