1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

I am offer whitetail finishing courses(pics included) and full wt courses

Discussion in 'Training' started by Matt, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Kittrell Hill

Kittrell Hill 9 Beard Merriam 2008 Meade Co SD

Re: For the first time I am offering whitetail finishing courses(pics included)

x2 I would love to buy a dvd you finish work is awesome Matt!!!

2. diamonda

diamonda North Fork Outfitters

Matt your work looks great, I am fairly new to the taxidermy net and taxidermy all together.I am remodeling my house and going to build me a small studio to do my own deer and a few close friends as well. I would love to attend one of your finishing classes where are you located and how much is one of your weekend classes? Thanks Pat Gomez [email protected]

3. Matt

Matt Active Member

Guys, I think I will do just that! I have had alot of requests for the dvd on my finish work. I will work on getting that together and let you know. Thank you for all the kind words. Pat, I am sending you the info to your e-mail now. Let me know if you have any questions and take care.

4. Kittrell Hill

Kittrell Hill 9 Beard Merriam 2008 Meade Co SD

Matt you can go ahead and put me down for one of the DVDs I would love to come and work with you because I know I would learn alot but there is alot of miles between us ;)

5. fougair

fougair New Member

Matt sign me up for that dvd ! :)

6. Re: For the first time I am offering whitetail finishing courses(pics included)

Sign me up as well.

7. Matt

Matt Active Member

Thanks guys, I am in the process of looking into the possibilities of a DVD. If I am able to do this, it will be a good one! I will keep you posted. Thank you and take care.

8. Bo

Bo "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Hope you are able to make the DVD- would love to see how you get so much detail!

9. DeeCee

DeeCee New Member

I am mediocre at taxidermy at best due to limited experience. Finishing is probably my area in which I need the most help, I would love to be able to make the trip one day! Your work is excellent Matt!

10. Matt

Matt Active Member

Thank you for the kind words Donnie. When you are ready, I would be happy to get you the details on my course. Thanks again and take care.

11. NIXYB

NIXYB New Member

Hi Matt, could you send me the details on your classes.

12. Matt

Matt Active Member

Pm sent NIXYB, pm me if you have any other questions and take care.

13. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

just picked up on this thread.....i deffinatly need help with my finishing work as well but have a new baby and shop going in. I would prefer hands on over a DVD anyday but for now that would help greatly....mark me down for one as well if you are keeping a tally......very interested! Amazing work by the way.......they look nice and soft......not painted.

14. Matt

Matt Active Member

Thank you for the kind words Josh. As far as a DVD, the idea is being talked about and I might be getting one together when things slow down alittle around the shop. Right now, time is limited but it might happen for next season, hopefully!(LOL)

15. Re: For the first time I am offering whitetail finishing courses(pics included)

Matt, that's one of the most natural looking w/t eye I have seen. Most Mounts look painted yours look natural. Would love to be able to spend some time with you and pick your brain. I tell people there are two types of taxidermy, one is taxidermy and then there is the Art form. You exemplify the latter.
    Steve

16. Matt

Matt Active Member

Thank you for the kind words Steve. If you ever want to set something up, just pm me. Thanks again and take care.

17. Matt

Matt Active Member

Season's getting close again guys. If you are wanting to brush up on your finishing skills, just let me know and we can get something set up before season starts again. Pm or e-mail me and I will get you all the details on this one day course.

18. Matt

Matt Active Member

All e-mails have been returned(I think!). I don't have too many spots left open before season starts so if you are interested in fine tuning your finishing before next season begins, just contact me and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

19. Matt

Matt Active Member

Well, the up coming season is here. I am doing my finishing courses as well as full wt courses. E-mail me or pm me for the details and I will get back to you as soon as I can. Good luck this season, it looks like it will be another good one!

20. Re: For the first time I am offering whitetail finishing courses(pics included)

Hello Matt,

Would appreciate info regarding your finishing class.

Scott