1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

New weathered log sculpture

Discussion in 'Habitat and Exhibit' started by George Dante, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Hey Bill, thanks for the kind words, we really appreciate that.

Bobbi, I believe that took almost 4 gallons of polygem. That's almost all sculpture, just a few small texture pads were used, but very little. The flat finish is achieved just with flat based paint.

2. DeeCee

DeeCee New Member

I've had to came back and look several times! Simply amazing!

3. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

Wow..thanks for sharing all the info.....bet there are a ton of hours into that thing since it was sculpted and not textured...I like it VERY much!!

4. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

George, what would a piece like that cost your customer?

5. mountn

mountn New Member

That is truly UNBEDAMNLIEVABLE!!!

6. Thanks for the kind words all, It sure is a ton of fun doing those kinds of peices. We've got a black bear here climbing a dead tree overhanging a streambank while looking down at a salmon. It was one of the funnest projects, even made all the foliage custom. We have had so many more clients order custom trees by just having that peice in the shop. gonna be sad to see it go!

7. Bill Yox

Mike I have been telling you and anyone else thatll listen, for years, that your stuff is fantastic. You know Im a big fan.

8. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

That is the most realistic artificial log I have seen to date. Absolutely awesome.

9. Hey Bill!

A log like that, all custom, between $3,000.00 and $3,500.00. We're always working on ways to keep the costs down, but when you come down to it, it's a lot of labor and the material are not cheap. The clients realize this as well, and they also see something they're not going to get somewhere else, or out of a catalog. They also know they're going to have total control over the design and get exactly what they want. With all this they really sell themselves.

10. Bill Yox

George, youre exactly right. When you think about it, thats not priced bad at all.

11. WOW. Most of my customers are so cheap I can't even get them to buy a $70 plaque for there deer head mount.

12. brash

brash dying changes everything

thats just amazing.

13. shane d

shane d New Member

I am new on here,i would like to know how to make a artificial tree from start to finish. Any help would be appreciated. thanks the bison

14. Bill Yox

Bison, Id suggest cruising through the habitat category, and also molding, and read past posts, thatll be your best bet. Its very in-depth, and with some, somewhat private how they do certain stages. The archives of this forum is invaluable! Good luck to you.

15. GBRUCH

GBRUCH "I am nothing without christ".....John 15:5

Outstanding George but what else would anyone expect from you and Mike!

P.S. Tell mikey that Pat says Hi!