1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

fyi: pearl-ex powders

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Ozwalt, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Ozwalt

Ozwalt New Member

Been pulling my hair out trying to find a supplier that carries the full line of pearl-ex powder pigments & powdered dyes. When I need carbon black, I gotta go with supplier #1. If I need flamingo pink, gotta go with supplier #2. True blue? Supplier #3 carries that color. Makes me crazy. Finally found them. There's a craft store in Florida that carries the whole line for something like $3.60 per container. I ordered from them the evening of Wednesday 7/15 and it was delivered Monday 7/20 via UPS. Very happy. So, I'm hoping all you fish guys out there will support them, so they can stay in business forever and continue to sell me my powders! Their website is www.in2art.com. And, no, I'm not an owner, friend, family member, or anything to them other than a customer: totally an unsolicited testimonial.

2. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

What about..........

What about Kastaway ? I bought the whole set from him a couple of years ago......does he still sell the whole set?

:)

Kerby...

3. copper

copper Active Member

I ordered the set from Joe Kulis but it was missing a couple colors that Rick was using in his videos. Get online to Misterart.com, go into paints and pigments and pearlex has everything you need there. Bigger containers too,

4. Ozwalt

Ozwalt New Member

You're talking about the combo set with the little jars. I'm talking about being able to buy the larger individual jars of exactly what you need after the combo kit starts running out. And copper's right. Even the combo kit doesn't include the full line of available colors.

5. Jim L

Jim L New Member

Good info to have Ozwalt.

6. www.DickBlick.com, 1-800-828-4548.They cary a full line of pearl-x powders as well as single jars,and anything else paint related yiou can think of.I've alwayd gotten exelent service from them .

7. http://www.innate.com/

Thi place has all of them in small bottles.

8. hambone

hambone Well-Known Member

McKenzie carries a 32 piece set for 60.00

9. Todd B

Todd B Active Member

I got the whole set a few years ago at Joann.com.

Todd B

10. Ozwalt

Ozwalt New Member

Good grief y'all. Had no idea this would turn into a debate. The Dick Blick website carries the combo kits, the largest of which includes 32 colors. You can also buy 24 colors individually through their website. The Joann website carries only the 32-color kit and some smaller kits -- no individual colors on the website. Not familiar with innate.com, so that may be another supplier available that's doing it right.

There are a total of 40 Pearl-ex Powders available from Jacquard: 16 traditional colors, 16 pearlescents, 5 interference, and 3 duos. If you want carbon black, salmon pink, pumpkin orange, flamingo pink, sparkling copper, etc., you have to go someplace other than DickBlick.com. If you want to replace individual colors from your set when they run out, you have to go someplace other than Joann.com. What originally put the bee in my bonnet was that I needed two specific colors, and I couldn't find a single supplier that sold both colors (I think they were flamingo pink and misty lavender, but I wouldn't swear to it). It was such a frustration for me, I figured the end result of my search would prove useful to others. www.in2art.com carries all 40 colors plus all of the procion dyes, and they of course offer all the kits as well. One stop shopping.

11. Kastaway

Kastaway Taxidermist, Pioneer of Freeze Drying 1969

The 32 piece kit we sell does have all the colors Krane used in the dvds, orange, pink, charcoal, etc. The sell for $46 on our site www.kastaway.com

12. copper

copper Active Member

Hey Joe,
    I bought 3 different sets and none of them have charcoal in them, at least mine didn't. But thats not a problem. I PM'd Rick and he give me a website, Misterart.com that carries each individual color.

13. J. Sonner

J. Sonner New Member

I bought a set from you and it didn't have the orange, salmon pink, or carbon black in it. I went elsewhere and got them. No biggie.

14. Hoss0902

Hoss0902 I drink to make other people seem more interesting

I got my set from Jim Allred for $42.95

15. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Mine didn't either

But I'm glad this thread came up as I will be ordering the charcoal, pink, and orange.

:)

Kerby...

16. Joey Arender

Joey Arender big mouth alert

mee too I been wanting a orange in a bad kind a way LOL

17. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

Ok, I am looking at most of these websites to include the suppliers.. what fricking paints to I need to buy for fish..... I am thinking of the liquid scales.. the 32 color pear-ex kit and a pencil kit.. if you can think of anymore or something I may need to use on say Pike, salmon, trout, char, dolleys, burbot, grayling and rock fish.. let me know..

Hoytman

18. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

hmmm. that's a new one. I knew vandykes carries it ,but didn't know mckenzie did.

19. hambone

hambone Well-Known Member

AFWS page 653 McKenzie catalog.

20. mckenzie has a big price raise on there pearl x powders jim allred is a better deal