1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 3~ Week # 43

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 3~ Week # 43

Warm Greetings from Hinsdale, New Hampshire. Well it is mid summer here in New Hampshire and it has been unseasonably rainy this year for sure! I have found that business is still good from the many I have talk to in the area and thought out North America. I gather that the pick up is somewhat slower then normal. I have found that in times like this that a reminder prior to the work being done is a good reminder for the client to prepare for there taxidermy work to be done. In tough economic times the businessperson who is pro active and professionally aggressive often times gets paid first. A tip that just may help.

I hope your fish taxidermy season is going well for you all! I have been talking to some of you and the news is getting better from those I have talked to! Carry on and continue to give your clients the best work you can while you make money doing so!

I hope your fish season is going well and your inspired as I ‘m by the great work you all share week in and week out!

So many Talented and gifted fish artists come here each and every week and share with us their passion and inspiration we all can use to motivate us to the next level of satisfaction and success!

Let's start of the week recognizing those who shared their wonderful work with all of us! Thanks for all the beautiful fish work in this past weeks this week in fish pictures!

I want to thank all of the great contributors who really show not only great talent and work but rather give such inspiration to all of us!

A great week Fishheads!!!!!
    From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every week in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another.

I would like to start this week with some finished work from a fellow who has traveled to all the way up to New Hampshire from Houston Texas Mr. Kevin Champagne. Here is a few pictures of some of the work Kevin did here at Anglers Artistry for Kevin’s 10 day workshop. I hope you enjoy this week and the beginning fish works of Kevin Champagne!
    So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the week!

So with out further ado let's get week # 43 under way.

So here we go and here is to a great week in fish pictures!!!! # 43 Enjoy!

My Best!

You're Friend
    Rick Krane

Here is a few pictures of Kevin painting his Bass.

Here is Kevin holding his finished 10 LB Largemouth.
    [​IMG]
    Here is a closer head shot with a custom made eye.
    [​IMG]
    Here is Kevin’s Walleye.
    [​IMG]

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry
    312 Chesterfield Road
    Hinsdale New Hampshire 03451
    603-336-7296
    www.anglersartistry.com

2. Capt. Bryan

Capt. Bryan New Member

27" Redfish custom mold/cast. 8)

Attached Files:

3. hambone

hambone Well-Known Member

Nice red

4. jbaker

jbaker New Member

Wow! Very nice bass and walleye Kevin and the Red is top notch too. Another walleye this week from me.
    [​IMG]

5. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

Beginners look at it all you want ;D Pros look the other way :-[ ;D

Attached Files:

6. Here is my fish for the week.

Another freshwater drum, this time a bit smaller.
    18" custom replica.
    The finished fish is on driftwood but the pictures were taken pre driftwood.

I do love the personality of drum, they always end up with a very unique look on their faces.
    quite fun to work with.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Josh, those bring back some childhood memories. I think I tried molding one when I was just starting out and I'm pretty sure it was a disaster.

Very nice...I can smell them now...

8. of

of New Member

Beautiful fish josh. You are some talented fish molder and caster. Great detail! It has a lot of expression in it!!
    Love it. Everybody else did a great job on his mounts so far.

Greetings from Germany

Oliver

9. Joey Arender

Joey Arender big mouth alert

Nice drum...you gotta love them... and they have some of the most iridescent colors going on I have seen in my waters. Cool fish for sure.

keepem coming

10. GBRUCH

GBRUCH "I am nothing without christ".....John 15:5

I don't often post but Aaron got me motivated after seeing what he produced in a week.
    I didn't get close but gave it a shot.

Here are 2 of the 3 fish I completed last week. Nothin fancy(the bass even has real fins) just some simple wall mounted skin mounts.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

Extremely nice fish Gary . As usual your smallmouth are killer. 8)

12. TomL

TomL New Member

Very nice fish so far. Here's a bluegill skin mount I just finished up.
    [​IMG]

13. topnotch

topnotch Member

havent posted fish in a while, been finishing up a bunch of birds, finally got back to painting
    white bass, couple smallies, northern and a walleye with a messed up soft dorsal . all scale tipped

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Beautiful fish! I love this thread.

That white bass looks like a TANK!!! Keeping my fingers crossed I'll have something to post next week... ;D

15. crankin

crankin New Member

WI
    nice smallie as usual Gary!! very nice Josh

16. alabamarutandstrut

alabamarutandstrut Hero's are people who help people in need.

Awsome fish Topnotch, I love that walleye, ;D

17. Very nice Brookie John

18. Kevin!Killer bucket mouth!!! Nice eye too! John,great looking brookie.Top Notch,Nice subtle barring on that smallie.Very Nice!!Garry,maybe nothing fancy,just plain nice job!Ohh, and Josh, good job opn the drum!!Me? I'm in deer head mode for some time to come.UUGGHHHH!

19. topnotch

topnotch Member

heres a white crappie that a young girl caught through the ice. it had tons of blue iridescense above the lateral line

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]