1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Nature Goddess, Aug 1, 2009.

1. jevic035

jevic035 Member

nice job... looks really nice

2. Good Job!

3. TIM DUNCAN

TIM DUNCAN surry county va

nothing left for me to say but nice work keep it up

4. Very good Job!!

5. elkevo

elkevo Tailgate Bucks

I like it, I may try one like that someday. There are so many good ways to just mount horns on wood or other, it is just an extra for the fun of all things to show off with horns etc, Looks great and another good idea to me.

Steve

6. #1 headhunter

#1 headhunter New Member

Looks good. What is your next project?

7. sawtooth taxi

sawtooth taxi New Member

Heres a couple other ways to do it. Also...Contact Nicki at Walnut Creek Hardwoods in S. Beloit if you nee some nice plaques. Shes not too far from you.

Attached Files:

8. leslie i think itlooks great i like the big knot in the wood it adds character

9. Dawg3458

Dawg3458 New Member

nice job

10. very nice work

11. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

When I can I like to cut three strans of the same leather I use on the mount and braid them into a rope. You will get the alternating textures of the two sides of the leather and gives it that rustic look we're all looking for. Give that a try sometime. I think you may like the look.

Sometimes I'm forced into the gay cheap plastic covers and fake gold rope crap. When I have to do it, I do, but think it looks gay and cheap.

12. MRTaxidermy

MRTaxidermy Past President of the N.E.A.T.

I think you did a nice job! Looks really good!

13. BO-N-ARO

BO-N-ARO Hunt hard but hunt safe!

Nice and clean for sure! Looks great! Keep it up!

14. chongo

chongo Member

Very nice. Only thing I would say is that the color of the wood- the intense color of the plaque with the grain- competes a little with what is a very unique rack. Having not looked at it for a minute, right now what I remember about it visually is the wood and not the rack.

I would not suggest rope. Generally 3D designs in odd numbers work the best, and you have three textures already- the plaque, the leather and the antlers.

15. TIM DUNCAN

TIM DUNCAN surry county va

thats pretty good goddess

16. Matt

Matt Active Member

Very nice Leslie, I think you did a great job. Your leather looks nice and tight around the burrs, very nice. The braid is not only used to dress things up a bit, but it also hides any space you have around the burrline. In you case, it's very clean so it would be your choice to add the braid.

17. michaelf

michaelf New Member

I like to use leather boot laces or get a chamois cloth and cut strips and give em a wrap or two. Looks pretty good IMO.