1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

RED FOX CONTEST!! VOTE HERE (Votes had to be reset, please re-vote)

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by bone_painter, Aug 1, 2009.

1. ONE

8.1%
  2. TWO

0.9%
  3. THREE

0.4%
  4. FOUR

1.3%
  5. FIVE

33.6%
  6. SIX

23.4%
  7. DISQUALIFIED

5.5%
  8. EIGHT

15.3%
  9. NINE

11.1%
  10. TEN

0.4%
  1. LightsOut

LightsOut New Member

True, It would be nice to have a wild boar shoulder mount contest. Hey now, that's a good idea.

2. MHTaxidermy

MHTaxidermy (307) 640-2602

Good Idea LightsOut. Why don't you organize one?

3. LightsOut

LightsOut New Member

I will Wait till this contest is over and put a pole on it in the game head section, and go from there.

4. HMMM i think i could supply taxi.net with capes for that easliy ..... I saw 60 hogs last weekend at night all together and about 20 of them a had to have been boars.

5. LightsOut

LightsOut New Member

Thanks, now I know where to get a boar cape.

6. don't bother, I'll win ;D

7. MHTaxidermy

MHTaxidermy (307) 640-2602

::) You aint allowed in that one Andy. ;) ;D

8. Bangle

Bangle New Member

I also think that the silver foxes should have been kept seperate from the traditional red fox mounts...simply because they are a lot more unusual and more eyecatching. I think they kind of steal some of the attention away from the regular reds just because people are less familiar with them giving them more of a "wow" factor just because of their coloration.

That aside, there are some beautiful mounts here...I can't wait to find out who did what. :D

9. rebel

rebel New Member

no one would be saying the silver fox shouldn't be in the competition if it wasn't winning

10. Bangle

Bangle New Member

Did you do that silver, Rebel? lol I think the silvers are stunning and am partial to them myself. I'm just saying it in terms of fairness, is all. I think the winning silver mount would have less of a "pop" if it were a regular red colored fox, and that's where I'm coming from. I'm not really trying to step on anyone's toes by saying so, just a personal opinion is all.

11. rebel

rebel New Member

no i did not do the silver but i disagree with you think about it this way if we where doing deer and someone mounted a 12 point and someone did a 4 point dose that mean the 12 point would win because it had more points
    no and thats not why the silver is wining it is winning because it is clearly the best mount IMO

12. Bangle

Bangle New Member

I agree with you there, Rebel...but I'm speaking on behalf of BOTH of the silver foxes. I think that both those silvers are the best ones out of the lot anatomy and structure wise. And also, I'm not necessarily going to vote with a deer on the number of "points" he has. I personally would look at other aspects of the deer over the size of his rack...things such as what kind of pose is he in? What is his facial expression? etc. I agree, bigger antlers on a deer, or silver platinum coloration on a fox DOES make it more eye catching and appealing, but not everyone is going to look at something with a shallow aspect like the number of points or coloration of the animal. BUT I can guarantee you that there were people that voted for the one silver simply because of the coloration of that particular fox. It was a lovely ranch raised silver with a beautiful coat and great platinuming in the gaurdhair.

13. bone_painter

bone_painter "Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it."

We had a vote before the contest started, on weather or not silvers, cross, and other color phases of the red fox should be allowed to enter. The vote was a very decisive yes. The people spoke, fair & square done deal ;) So lets not start picking on the silvers now please.
    Very nice mounts everyone ;D

14. LightsOut

LightsOut New Member

That's not true, there was alot of people voted against the silver from being in the contest. Just there where more that voted them in, and some voted that they did not care. I voted for them not to be in, Just for the same reason that Bangle Explained.

15. Bangle

Bangle New Member

Yes ma'am, I am aware of that. And I'm sorry if what I was saying was taken the wrong way as "picking on the silvers". I didn't intend for it to be that way, after all I voted for one of them...but because it was a the best representation of a fox that I saw, not because of the color variation. I was just expressing something that had come to mind while looking through the mounts.

16. rebel

rebel New Member

but yall are missing my point if who ever would have mounted the silver fox would have mounted a red fox or a yellow fox the results would be the same because he or she just flat out is better then the rest

no disrespect meant to the others

17. Bangle

Bangle New Member

No, I get your point, loud and clear. And I wasn't trying to discriminate against that silver fox. I agree with you, I think it is one of the better mounts in the group. All that I said in my original post was that the silvers have much more of an "awe appeal" then a traditional red, which COULD put a silver mount at an advantage regardless of the other aspects of the mount. I never said I didn't think that mount was good and that I thought it was winning JUST because it was silver.

18. rebel

rebel New Member

that is your opinion i like reds better than silver
    i voted for #7 LOL

19. Bangle

Bangle New Member

Yupp, you're right; that is my opinion and we are all allowed to have one. :)

lol 7 was the DQed one. I never even got to see it, I wish I could have...just for curiosity's sake.

20. Russ of V.O.W.T

Russ of V.O.W.T my Ken Edwards moment

what did number 7 look like rebel, i aint voted YET LOL