1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

RED FOX CONTEST!! VOTE HERE (Votes had to be reset, please re-vote)

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by bone_painter, Aug 1, 2009.

1. ONE

8.1%
  2. TWO

0.9%
  3. THREE

0.4%
  4. FOUR

1.3%
  5. FIVE

33.6%
  6. SIX

23.4%
  7. DISQUALIFIED

5.5%
  8. EIGHT

15.3%
  9. NINE

11.1%
  10. TEN

0.4%
  1. bone_painter

bone_painter "Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it."

Congratulations to #5- 1st place, #6 2nd place, and #8 3rd place!!!!! Sarah, I will PM you about the plaques.
    Great job EVERYONE who entered, wonderful foxes, feel free to post which fox belongs to who now, if you'd like ;D Mine was #10, first fox I've ever done. I wasn't planning on him being my entry (note the missing tail :p ), but I ran out of time to get my other one done & figured I might as well post the one I had. I'm surprised he even got a vote :eek:
    I thought this was allot of fun, but I'm a little bummed about all the flack over the silver foxes. Colors vary- it's the same species. I don't recall this much of a problem with the squirrel contest, and there were not only multiple color phase critters but multiple breeds as well. In the future, perhaps other contests should be run with more limiting guidelines to eliminate this controversy. However, this contest allowed all color phases of red fox, end of story.
    Again, great job to all the winners, and all the contestants!!!!!!! ;D

2. Amy

Amy Mammal artist

Congrats to the winners! I would be interested in a bobcat contest, if anyone else is up for it.

3. Now the contest is over I can respond to some of the nonsense that was posted. If you don't know, I mounted number 5.

I respect and admire Brian's work. The form I hacked in a bunch of pieces, to make it balance on the antler, was one of his as well. To say I stole anything is nonsense. It's like saying * (Dennis) stole Animal Artisty's ideas of suspending mounts. I don't know what Brian thinks of my mount but I doubt he would say I stole anything.

I may have rubbed some of you all the wrong way with my cocky attitude but it was all in fun. I could care less about winning an internet challenge. I was, more than anything, trying to get a few good taxi's on here to put together kick ass fox mounts. It worked!! (all except Cole :mad:)

I'm curious what the major flaw in the nose is? ??? Then I'll let you in on a little secret.

That's about all I have to say except thanks to Bonepainter for putting this on. I think I'm retired from on-line challenges for a while.

4. Brian

Brian Active Member

andy, awesome mount bro. theres always a character or two huh? again awesome mount. most of all awesome base.

5. Bangle

Bangle New Member

First off, cangrats Andy on a win, it was a beautiful fox. Where did you get the ranched silver skin from? It looks like one of the ones that Northern Myst sells...just curious, cause it's a great looking animal. :)

Also, the nose thing...and Brushwolf might be able to put it into better terms then I can as I'm still not too savvy with the technical terms yet...but he saw the same thing I did. The nose I think lacks a lot of body and dimension...maybe too much shrinkage? It also looks really dry (but that could just be the pictures) some dampness might have added to it.

6. BillFromPa

BillFromPa Active Member

Congrats to Andy for his win! I really liked your fox, the habitat was awesome and the first place was definately earned! ;)

Congrats to everyone else who entered a fox as well. 20k members and only 10 enties was a little disapointing though. :-\

Fox #6 was my entry. I was looking forward to the contest from the first discussion of it but ended up competing with the one I origonally did and thought I was out but got a last minute wholesale job in. Any one need some done quick? Send me a PM. ;)

Thank you bone painter for putting the time into this to make it happen.

7. MHTaxidermy

MHTaxidermy (307) 640-2602

Contratulations AndyO. I knew you would win. ;) ;D That is a really nice fox.

I did fox #4. And after the contest I groomed him up, and took better pics. Don't ask why I didn't do it before the contest. :p

[​IMG]

8. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Andy, some are a little sensative on here, but I never thought you would be. Anything said by me was also in fun, and congrats on an AWESOME fox mount!!! I hope you don't bow out of the next challenge, cuz I still want a shot at ya! LOL ;D

9. rj9289

rj9289 Buck the system, be an individual, be who you are.

Number 5 & 6 were super looking mounts.....i had to flip a coin to decide which one i liked best.
    All were very nice mounts that entered.

Mark...get a cast on that foxes leg quick! He just broke his leg on that rock!

10. Nice work everyone! My fox was number 1, it was a customer piece I had done back in June(he gave me 650 votes, or is that notes. ;D ;D). I think I was the only one who made the July 1st deadline. :D :D

It was nice to see all the different mounts that everyone came up with. Again, a BIG thank you to bone painter for making it happen.

Matt

11. RDA

RDA Active Member

congrats to all!!!!! And You too Andy!! ;) ;D Very nice dawgs!!!!!!

12. RDA

RDA Active Member

would Lynx be allowed??

13. wa

wa Thanks John...this depicts me better

no lynx

14. FeatherHorn

FeatherHorn New Member

I'd be willing to try a bobcat, thought I wouldn't come any where close to Amys' or was' work.

15. sarahdj

sarahdj Active Member

Me too- I'd be blown out of the water too- but the opinions- if not taken offensively- can really help out. My fox wasn't finished in time- not like I could have touched the winners though!

16. hawkflyer

hawkflyer I'm not short, I'm fun sized.

Congrats to everyone who entered and to those who won. You all did well and seeing how you each interpreted the same subject was a great way to show your individual creativity. Rebecca's entry was number 8. I was afraid she wasn't going to get it finished, but she managed to get her ready in time. I think the idea for a bobcat contest is a good one.