1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

46 inch prarie rattler by a 12 yr old

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Russ of V.O.W.T, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Russ of V.O.W.T

Russ of V.O.W.T my Ken Edwards moment

this is my 12 yr old sons 2nd mount ever, and first snake, i did a detailed post about him mounting it in the reptile category, but this is the first pics of it in its finished habitat base, he will be competing at the MO show this coming weekend and i am very excited for this young man, he has came leaps and bounds in a hurry, and trust me when i say i am NOT a snake guy, i didnt touch the creepy crawly nasty thing LOL

[​IMG]

2. Russ of V.O.W.T

p.s. he is going to add some more grasses around the rocks to balance out the base he says LOL he just hadnt done it as of the time i took the pictures.

3. nibjones

nibjones Join your States Taxidermy Assoc.

Looks even better, Your not a little proud, are you?

4. rj9289

rj9289 Buck the system, be an individual, be who you are.

hey whats the skeleton of?

5. DeeCee

DeeCee New Member

Ryan, I could be wrong, Im old and can't see, but I think it's a scorpion.

6. Schmitty

Schmitty New Member

MN
    Looks like a great job Russ, you should be proud and he deserves a pat on the back.

7. Russ of V.O.W.T

yes brian i am very proud of him, especially since this is only the 2nd thing he has done, i am not sure what the skeleton is, something he found and thought he wanted it in there, personally i dont care for it on there, but it is his peice and he can do what ever he wants with it, i am just proud of him for taking on a project and finishing it in the manner he did. For a 12 yr old kid to show the attention to detail he did on this, it just dont get any better for a "dad" moment LOL glad you all liked it, we will see what happens this weekend at the MO show. Russ

8. DeeCee

DeeCee New Member

Well Ryan, I guess I was wrong, told ya I couldn't see!

9. Catchaser

Catchaser Sometimes you just have to laugh....

The mount looks good Russ. The boy did a great job. Good luck to him at the show.

Catchaser

10. OutbackJack

OutbackJack Member

PA
    it looks very good, he did a great job on the snake. Don't feel bad, I'd stay far away from it as well. lol. I hope that he does well in his show.

11. aztaxidermy

aztaxidermy double lungsville bang'em n hang'em

CT
    awesome job looks great

12. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

I'll get to see it in person!!! naga naga boo boo ;D awesome mount!! Tell your son good job!!

13. rj9289

rj9289 Buck the system, be an individual, be who you are.

Lmao i was just curious.

hey russ i dont know if you have them where you live but there is a locust thats sheds it shell about this time of the year and man they look so good on habitat stuff!

14. Rhonda

Rhonda Member

That is Very nice work ,I hope your son gets a blue on it this weekend ..fingers crossed for ya

15. Looks like a blue ribbon to me, mopve over Russ, he gets the blues and you get the reds.

16. juniper

juniper Active Member

Very nice job.

You have a very good reason to be proud Russ. It is nice to see young people taking an interest in taxidermy. He will definitely have an advantage if he continues. You will be even more proud when the student surpasses the teacher LOL

17. swamp buck

swamp buck New Member

wow that is outstanding,very nice job

18. Russ of V.O.W.T

boy you aint kiddin there LOL, i have tons of yellow, whites and reds in the shop, but very few blues LOL, but he has 2 in 2 shows with his bass, and i have a feeling he will have 4 blues when this show is over , for the snake and his fish. I hope he brings home some "hardware" though, thats when the "great" feelings come for me, and i know he will be glowing if that happens LOL

Ryan, we dont have any locusts here right now.

19. That's a real nice job, you should be proud Russ. ;)

20. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

Great job to the young man!!!