1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Setting goals to buy things, do you do it, what are yours ???

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by michael p., Aug 4, 2009.

1. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Last year I set a goal to remodel my studio, well I got that all accomplished in June (Thank God!) Next year I got a few goals like painting the house and stuff like that, but nothing as major as the shop remodelling was. The last 4 years all my goals have been Taxidermy related, whether it be price related, trip related, quality related, they have ALL had to do with my business. It feels extremely great now setting goals since i've been sober because I actually accomplish them instead of wishing I would have!! LOL Well I set a goal for next year that is finally not Taxidermy related, and I have Miranda'a full blessing....I want to buy a new boat!!! :) I already know the model, type engine size, etc.. It will be a Trancat. Trans are all custom built in Palacios, Texas....by custom I mean you come in, sit down & choose everything from the gel coat color to the heigth of the seat to the size & brand of motor. The hull is built right there on site.

Below is a pic of the model I am going to have built, only mine will be solid bright red with a white inner coating topped with black & red splatters and a bright red center console. The power will be a 115 Suzuki held by a jack plate. I can't wait, my our goal is to order it in early 2010 & get it by late March or early Aprill.

I know everybody is fretting over the economy, but I tend to be more of an optimist than a pesimist..............so I ask, what are your goals for 2010. If you set them & keep a positive attitude more than likely you will meet them :)

My dream for 2010 but in solid BRIGHT RED! The old one was named "SCHYTTY1" so I told the lil'mexican we can name this one "2SCHYTTY" ;D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nice Boat MP!!

My Wife and I are planning to purchase our first "New" car.
    Up until now I have only had Used vehicles.

My plan aside from that is to surprise my wife with a trip to Florida in may.
    I have already worked it out with her boss and he is setting up time off for her.
    She will come home from work on monday expecting a long annoying week of work, only to find the car packed with kayaks on the roof and bags lined up ready to go.
    She has been talking about how she misses the spontaneous road trips we used to take when we were in school.
    Just pile in the car in the middle of the night and go somewhere for no reason at all.

I just hope I will be able to get all the cash set aside.

3. BVanKirk

BVanKirk package deal

too cool josh!

4. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman $90 for your fur made into trapper hat or mitts!

Wow MP, I only set short term goals right at this point. My last one was to save enough money in a VERY short time to get the brakes fixed on the truck. We ended up with enough to get the front ones fixed (they were the worst) and when we took it in we found out that it needed shocks too. So, the next short term goal is to save for the back brakes and the shocks (about $700).

The next thing will be snow tires for the truck ($500).

After that it will be finishing up the cabin so we can get in before winter - we'll need another $500-700 for that.

And last it will be just making it thru the winter to next season.

5. My goals tend to be more hunting related. I have a list and am slowing checking it off. Mule deer - check, Bear - check, caribou - check, moose - check, elk - check, antelope - this fall!!

Bruce

6. BWS

BWS New Member

Our $ goals (after getting setup in the trailor and paying off some bills)

In no particular order:

Buy/trade for a Belgian plow horse..and of course the plow ;)

Get our pond dug out to hold water in the dry season..and stock it

Build another house someday, made from at least 80% materials from our land

7. 8 years and counting. That is how long I have been saving to buy a farm. Every spare dollar goes into some type of investment, in hopes, that some day I will own 100+ acres. For about 6 years, I thought I was crazy, but I can finally see the light. I don't plan on letting this dream hit the 10 year mark. Hopefully by some time in 2011, I can make it happen.

8. New stock for my 22. and saving up for a Left handed gibson les paul black beauty.

[​IMG]

9. ed150

ed150 deer city time

2010 goal [BIG BEAR]already got 2009 goal,new camper. a man has to have goals

10. BVanKirk

BVanKirk package deal

mine are all learning related because im broke!

11. jtcjr

jtcjr Member

NC
    [​IMG]

12. jtcjr

jtcjr Member

NC
    I forgot the text. My first goal was to retire by the time I was 55 and i retired this March at 52 years old. Next it to buy this centerconsole or a Contender by next May.

13. jbnf

jbnf New Member

I have several goals that I am working on

Pay off my 08' truck and all the other bad debt I have.
    Start my own full time business

The most important thing that I am saving money for is to take my wife on a second honeymoon somewhere crazy. I really don't know where we are going but plan to spend around $6000 on it. It will be our 10 year anniversary. Hard to believe. Many people say your crazy for getting married when your young..(we were both 21)...but we have made it through the ups and downs and she deserves the trip of a lifetime.

14. bulldog4949

bulldog4949 "Mounting your Memories"

I save money like a squirrel hides his nuts!!

My goal for this summer was for a nice fire proof gun safe. I have the money saved up, but just have not pulled the trigger.

Saving up for elk trip now!

15. BWS

BWS New Member

Nah...i don't think your crazy! LOL

I got married when i turned 18, and still in high school...we had known each other about 6 months before saying "I do". We have been VERY happily married for a bit over 12 years now ;)

He's my husband, best friend, business partner, hunting buddy, and soul mate...we have only been apart 3 days/nights since we married. I cannot imagine going though what all has happened in my life without him by my side, and visa versa.

16. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman $90 for your fur made into trapper hat or mitts!

I've been married 25 years and we were 22/27 - sure there's up and downs, but that happens at any age.

17. My goal is simply to be able to work on taxidermy as my sole business,... enough to pay the bills and support me and my kids. Oh, and my horse ;)

I am surely not looking to get rich, or even to be able to buy a boat or anything. If the day comes and I can set my goals higher, I have plenty of other stuff to want! But for now, just to live comfortably and not rely on the help and support of my family.....

18. coon hunter

coon hunter Truman Waddell 270-589-7828 Brownsville Ky

I want to get my house paid off. We have less than 30K and it's done.

My parents lost several houses by living beyond their means. I want long term stability in my kids lives, and the house is the most important part. -- Mandy

19. Ed

Ed Member

Hey Michael, In the first picture is that a platform over the engine for seeing fish in shallow water? Ed

20. Colonel

Colonel Missouri River Rat

My goal is to buy a Brand new used 18' Jon boat with a 30hp motor or larger.