1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Setting goals to buy things, do you do it, what are yours ???

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by michael p., Aug 4, 2009.

1. Jon S

Jon S Well-Known Member

I always set goals to buy things; LCD TV, motorcycle, bass boat. My goal now is to pay off my house in 6 more years. After that, I'll work on getting set up to retire.

2. Mike, look into getting a power pole, saw one on a nice skeeter last weekend, sure beats the hell outta dropin anchor

3. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

My wifes goal is to spend every last penny I make even before I make it. Thank god I took her name off of everything.LOL

4. gab

gab Active Member

I had a 70 mach one just like that,same color and everything,with a 351 when I graduated high school(81)wish I still had it.my long term fun goal would probably be to play in the world series of poker

5. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Yeah, those are the new fad.....i'm gonna look into their cost cause if it's a $1,000 or more they can have it!!! I've thrown an anchor since I can remember, won't hurt to keep throwing one......plus it's someting else that probably has a 1 year warranty and will fry because of the salt water in a year and a half and it'll be stuck there for 6 more years looking pretty :)

I've already said too the salesman I want as few electronics as possible!! All I want is a speed guage, tach and pressure guages, a live well, the legal lights & a live well. Other than that I wanna stay simple. GPS will be hand held

6. nibjones

nibjones Join your States Taxidermy Assoc.

I would take a '69 but, I would see it as settling. I do like them though.

7. double shovel

double shovel SilverWillowTaxidermy

When I first started doing taxidermy it was to earn "Fun Money" and my real full time job would do all the serious paying.Well years later my business has grown but I still see it as fun money and though now with a family I devote more of that income to the family fun and other related things.This year I paid off my "Hide Truck" as my little guy calls it because we do all our taxidermy related things in it and the taxidermy this year bought me a caribou hunt in Quebec which I leave for in a month.I does buy me some guns as well.I am thinking next it will finish my showroom and maybe a mountain caribou hunt and hopefully my caribou slam will be complete.

8. pureluck

pureluck Member

MO
    My goal is to have these paid off by 1-1-10. 07 truck, 08 camper. Then I can get more toys!

Attached Files:

9. DROPPINEM

DROPPINEM New Member

Looks like the perfect bay boat to me!

10. Diamondhitch

Diamondhitch I hunt therefore I am.

Not a bad way to set goals.

BTW I am checking off antelope this fall as well. Luckily I had the hunt paid for last year. I cant wait until sept! Where are you going for yours?

11. Diamondhitch

only 22 guns? where are you going to store the rest of them?

12. Diamondhitch

Check out Ram Head Outfitters www.ramheadoutfitters.com for your Mountain caribou. I guided for Stan and his brother Frank. Stans area produces 30% B&C caribou, the former #1 SCI mountain caribou came form his area and I personaly took the #2 SCI archery mtn bou that 13 yeras later is still in #4 position! Plus the McKenzie mountains are some of the most beautiful you will come across.

13. Diamondhitch

As for me my goal is to spend more time in the woods period! also to shake the dust off some of my own racks and get them on the wall!!!

14. bulldog4949

bulldog4949 "Mounting your Memories"

Diamond hitch, I have 13 now, so that will get me by. I am not crazy about buying guns, just what I feel like will round my arsenal out.

And I can get another one if this one over flows! Lol

15. Hoss0902

Hoss0902 I drink to make other people seem more interesting

I saving for this
    [​IMG]

and one of her babies (Sunday Promise)
    [​IMG]

16. tpolson88

tpolson88 New Member

Mike I like the thought of having extra power in case u get caught on a sand bar or if a sudden storm is coming in. U don't have to run wide open but if you need it it's there. You can't use it if it's not there though. Jmo

17. Taylor... My grandpaw has a boat just a little bit bigger than that for being out in the bay and off shore and only has an 85 horse power johnson motor on it ;) Its been used since before i was born and still works

18. My goal right now is to get through college somehow. It's hard when summer work is so slow.

19. Diamondhitch

I was just giving you a hard time. I have 9 and although I would love more the fact that $2000 per rifle/scope, loading dies etc. is about minumum what it costs I can live with 9 and if I find myself with a spare 2k laying around there a lot of other things I '"need" more! 2k is a good start on a guided hunt.

20. Gobblingfever

Gobblingfever 100% PEER GOBBLER ADDICTION!!!!

Another goal/want a new bow. I sold mine last fall for some living cash BIG mistake. I miss the hell out of it and now I have to start all over again and nowadays that aint cheap.