1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

goal for hunting season!

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by tt, Aug 4, 2009.

1. CROW

CROW New Member

What name brand camera system is that? Is it digital or 35mm film?

2. That's a really nice buck, post pictures after you get him...

3. tt

tt Licensed Taxidermist,Hunter,Trapper,and Fur Bearer

Moultree digital camera. I think its like 2 megapixel. camera is several years old but still gets the job done.

4. My goal for this hunting season is 2 part,

#1 is not to have anymore trail cams stolen,(Damn Thugs)
    #2 is not to loose the only place I have left to hunt.

5. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

OK the only thing I see in the picture, the top pic 1st is...

on the left side a big tree with a sapling in front of it. Then to the right of the tree I see 2 white dots, then to the right of the white dots there is a branch coming in from the right of my screen. I also see some corn or something on the ground. NO DEER in the picture! LOL

The bottom picture all I see is the same above but only 1 round white light just to the right of the big tree. LOL

NO DEER

Why can't I see these pics? My brightness on my screen is turned all the way up too and you thought I was being funny because it's not an Illinois Buck Dennis! LOL I really don't see the deer.

6. swamp buck

swamp buck New Member

all i see is antlers lol.... good luck man

7. mountn

mountn New Member

I hope to get my 9yr. old his first deer this season ;)

8. Virginia Buck? I have hunted Virginia every year of my life (2 family farms). There are some absolute monsters in that state. I have an uncle who is a logger who does most of his cutting around the Jefferson National Forest. He finds giant sheds every year. Some of the mountains are so rugged and desolate, a lot of the deer won't see a human all year.

9. Diamondhitch

Diamondhitch I hunt therefore I am.

Nice buck. I think his typical 4x4 frame will go 170 but he looks like he has a bunch of junk that would push him up into that class (gross score). Regardless of score a big mature buck like that would be a hell of a trophy! Good luck.

10. tt

tt Licensed Taxidermist,Hunter,Trapper,and Fur Bearer

have a couple of good ones around here, private land. I hunt several places but they have little to no hunting pressure, in my opinion this is important, some around here shoot anything that moves during season. I got this buck last year about 4 miles from were the buck taken in the picture is.

[​IMG]

11. Diamondhitch

Diamondhitch I hunt therefore I am.

Cool buck. I would love to find one that both sides matched the forkhorn side with the junk on the G2. Very unique.

12. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

12 minutes after midnight??? Hmmm, no wonder he's that big.

13. ed150

ed150 deer city time

that seems to be common with them big boys

14. TIM DUNCAN

TIM DUNCAN surry county va

that is one hell of a buck dude i will be over opening day ha!ha!

15. #1 headhunter

#1 headhunter New Member

Several of the better bucks that I have pictures of, I have never seen in the daylight, but I know they are there somewhere. It makes sitting a lot easier. That is a nice buck.

16. fawndaddie

fawndaddie New Member

That thing is ridiculous! Good Luck this year. Hope you get em!

17. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

If you get some head on close ups make sure you POST THEM ;)

18. Nice one!! Keep Dreaming!! ;D