1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

blonde gray fox

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Justin, Aug 6, 2009.

1. TIM DUNCAN

TIM DUNCAN surry county va

I'm not sure you could call that a grey it looks mixed or something

2. dplais7124

dplais7124 Active Member

wow that's awesome.

3. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

That looks more like a light colored red to me :-\

4. Bangle

Bangle New Member

wow that is a gorgeous fox...I've never seen a grey in that color phase before. Awesome work.

5. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

I looked at photos of both red and grey and I don't have a clue to what it is :-\ ???

6. Bangle

Bangle New Member

I think it's a grey fox, it's just not quite structurally right to be a red. Grey foxes as I've seen tend to have smaller more mousy heads and are smaller and more streamline then the reds. Also, the tail isn't right for a red I don't think. The way I'm looking at it is, if you took this into photoshop and replaced the blonde on the back with the standard grey/blue ticking like a grey fox has, it would match up. But hey, I could be wrong...just what I'm thinking...:p

7. I am about 99% sure it is a gray.I had a normal gray beside it when I was skinning and they looked the same except for color.

8. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

That's a gray, and a very strange colored one at that!!!

9. jibbyducks

jibbyducks New Member

I like looking at blond foxes :eek: - thanks

10. Jim B

Jim B Active Member

It is definitely a gray.It is a mutation lacking some pigments-for sure melanin which is brown-black pigment.I think it would be called leucistic.Very neat.I've never seen one or even a picture.Similar to a blonde or cinnamon coon.Nice.

11. trapperr

trapperr New Member

Strange Looking Fox Fur Sure

12. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

I have a tanned one in the frezer waiting for some day.....