1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

My first mount on a McKenzie 6500

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by eddieb, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Just finished this one today. My third mount on a McKenzie W.T. form & first on a 6500 series.
    [​IMG]

2. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

Very Nice Eddie!

3. Very Nice love the ears

4. Curt

Curt Family Life member of the NTA

Sweet looking mount. Great job.

5. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

NICE JOB, Eddie.

6. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

Great looking deer.

7. spikebuck

spikebuck New Member

Looks very nice.

8. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

the 6500 is my personal fav!

9. stringshooter

stringshooter New Member

Looks awesome!!!! So how was it? Would you use that form again?

10. Nicely done! Mckenzie 6500 is one of my favorites!

11. kevin scott

kevin scott New Member

Nice job ! 80% of my deer this year have been mounted on 6500 ,my clients love them .

12. AntlerAddict

AntlerAddict So many whitetails...So little time!

Very well done!! That cape is beautiful!!

13. trapperr

trapperr New Member

Nice Looking Deer !! Is It me Or Does That Lower Lip Look Off ??? Clean Looking Mount ! Good Job !!

14. I was a little anxious when I first saw it out of the box. Having mounted on mostly Mears forms It took some adjusting on the eye set procedure as well as the antler set on the head block. The muzzle area on this particular form tapers down very narrow..almost as if he is about to "Snort-wheeze". however it did finish out o.k. I looked at dozens of reference photos cut out of hunting magazines over the years and found several with this look. I have decided it all boils down to the sculptor's personal style and preference. I wanted to try the 6500 series because of all the favorable reviews on here. This is a 6527LT and I will try more from this series. The same hunter brought me another deer and I just finished mounting it on a 8400 series form. (Another story for another day.)

15. You noticed that too, huh?

16. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Geez Trapper, it's a commercial deer, not a WTC entry.

Eddie, make SURE you tell us about that 8400 series. It's a POS in my book. Most of my deer go on the 6500 forms as well.

17. trapperr

trapperr New Member

Being Right Up Front It Kinda Pulls Ya In , I Got Into The Practice Of Taking A Picture Of A Mounted Piece & Bringing It Up On My Computer , Fur Some Reason I See Things That I Do Not Notice While Working On It ,Works Fur Me ...................

18. aztaxidermy

aztaxidermy double lungsville bang'em n hang'em

CT
    very nice mount

19. Jon S

Jon S Active Member

looks great, 6500s are one of my favorites, everone seems to like em.

20. fozziebear

fozziebear New Member

Well, I just did another one on the 8400 and ran into the same problem, TOO dang tight in the shoulder/ chest area! I ordered 2 but only mounted one up, can I send the other one back? (its still got the wrapping on the face) I really dont want to do annother one!! Thanks Rick