1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

ISTA the NEW taxidermy association

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by RDA, Aug 10, 2009.

1. RDA

RDA Active Member

The INDUSTRY STANDARDS TAXIDERMY ASSOCIATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please send membership checks to me. please indicate if renewal or new subscription... ;D ;D

2. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

What do we new members get? I mean, what will this association do for us? How much is it? What ideas do you have? And to think some have said you don't do anything positive for this industry. just what WILL be the standard for this neww association? (This is so exciting!)

3. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

do you have patches and stickers too! does it come with a newsletter?

4. Randy Miller

Maybe tattoos!

5. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

could it have a pin up girl in it?

6. Randy Miller

Have to ask RDA about that. I mean, is that the industry standard we want? Perhaps we need a new members meeting to discuss WHAT the industry standards are to be. For example, if we had pin up girl posters, I would not be in favor of the one Dan Rhinehart did. I would prefer someone GOOD looking.

7. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

think about it, theres Budweiser girls, skoal girls, Hawian Tropic girls, Hooters chicks, why not taxidermy gals?

8. Randy Miller

Did you not see Rhinehart's poster? My first thought was, who mounted that? And, I could do better!

9. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

just remember this is taxidermy even the bad specimens have to get mounted by someone!

10. Randy Miller

Well, if this new association gets off the ground, YOU can run for that office! ;D "Vice prez of bad specimen mounting"

11. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

il pass thanks. lol remember ugly chicks need lovin too!

12. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

ROFLMAO THAT Is hilarious

13. Randy Miller

I mount mammals, birds, and fish. I don't do reptiles.

14. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

is that because they are all cold blooded?

15. RDA

RDA Active Member

WOW so much participation is over whelming!! Pin up Girls Yes for sure...... as for any standards, that will have to be addressed at the standard meeting for discussing standards which shall be a standard one year apart....member ships shall be fifty per year for the STANDARD package which is all we offer..... The goals and direction will be standard as well and shall conform at all times to those standards which shall be created by the standards comittees......IT will become THE INDUSTRY STANDARD Im tellin ya!!!!! Dont Delay sign up tuuuuday!!!!!! ;) ;D

16. Randy Miller

When you say tuuuday is that eastern standard time, central standard, etc? Hmm, I see the need to standardize time frames. Oh, and if we standardize the time, will it be standard to switch back and forth to daylight savings? So many details...

17. mk

mk -30 below

IL
    ahhh... another standard b.s. thread. lol

18. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf umm BACON

ahhh... another standard b.s. thread. lol

Well, that seams to be standard practice around here. :)

19. WHOOT!WHOOT!WHOOTWHOOT! Sign me up ,I'm In, LOL.

20. huntingdreams

huntingdreams Member

WI
    Is Obama in charge of these IStA meetings to decide our standards? And if we don't like them we get the boot.