1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

repair deer eye

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by michelle127, Aug 10, 2009.

1. michelle127

michelle127 Michelle and Ron Ream-Life Mbr - NRA,NAHC,DAV, VFW

I have a torn eye lid, bottem lid is cut about 1 inch long anyone have any good ways to repair where it won't show? Please help me out Thanks
    PM me or email me if you can [email protected]

2. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Wait till the mount dries and then Apoxy it. Texture the Apoxy and then airbrush it out.

3. HAPP

HAPP Active Member

X2

4. zubba

zubba New Member

What George said. I've tried sewing and didn't like the results. Pin it, Apoxy it, Airbrush it.

5. Yup what ever you do don't sew, if you can use very small pins to hold it in place use them ..and follow Georges instructions, You will never be able to tell if done right.

6. Just did a Kudu with the same problem. Sewed with small round needle and small monofiliment line. When dried I touched up with apoxie sculpt and some airbrushing. Worked out great. You need a flashlight and magnifying glass to find repair.

7. Boone F

Boone F New Member

Iowa
    before it dries take a little super glue gell, apply under the cut and press the cut together until the glue holds, then once the mount is dry and ready for finish work you can touch up the area like George said, if any touch up is need at all. The glue will really reduce or even eliminate the area in need of further repair after it is dried.

8. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

X2 ;)