1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Hornbills

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Bubbas, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Ok I got a call today about doing a pair of hornbills. My question is this how much different will this be then say a turkey or a duck? Ok a question I never asked before what would be the going rate to do these birds? I have explain to this client that we have never done this type of bird so I would need to look around and "talk" to my taxidermy friends about this before I would take the job in. We do alot of ducks,crows,turkeys every year but this is a whole different thing .I dont want to take a job like this without more information from another taxidermist that has done this type of bird before.

Thanks for anyones help on this.
    Kim

2. look up mjvaden on here.he does those types of birds and does a awesome jod on them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! his e mail is [email protected] hope this helps,take care irv

3. JBird

JBird Member

no different than doing a crow with a large bill ;o) good luck - what species of hornbill are they ?

4. moongast01

moongast01 My first love is God my second is My Wife....

I mounted a yellow bill I got from vaden they are not all that hard and you can find all kind of ref on the net.

5. Its a pair of Trumpeter hornbills.

kim