1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

(R.I.P THREAD)I NEED opinions from SERIOUS TOP NOTCH taxidermist

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by AFWS, Aug 15, 2009.

1. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

Re: (pic added)I NEED opinions from SERIOUS TOP NOTCH taxidermist

You talking to ME?

2. taxi_grl_ga

taxi_grl_ga Active Member

Kerby that's great hahahaha

and yes, he's talking to you ;) genius ::)

3. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

Thanks ;) can't forget the smiley ;D let me GUESS since I said "her avatar is in thirds" ??? then you asked what I'm worth :-\ apparently a THIRD of what I'm CHARGING ;D

4. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

uhm, no you didn't, you said "Your"

Oh, btw, the ??? in that pic looks pretty well centered which would make it in the middle third both vertically and horizonally ;)

5. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

U :) GOT :D IT ;D ;)

6. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

So $200.00 for a deer head ??? that's less than the gurus down the street ::)

7. BWS

BWS New Member

That was awesome...ROFL

8. Re: (pic added)I NEED opinions from SERIOUS TOP NOTCH taxidermist

I went to the "School of Hard Knocks "!! Didn't cost me a dime, but I sure had to do alot of undesireable work to attend !! LOL

9. taxi_grl_ga

taxi_grl_ga Active Member

me too steve. I started learning by working at a taxi shop for free while i was in high school. eventually I worked up to "employee" status lol but it's honestly the best way to learn. Now I work part time with another guy and i'm constantly teaching HIM things. You just don't learn any of the day-to-day dealing with customers, patching once in a lifetime skins together (yes mike i DO remember that damn civet lol), making things work with what ya have kinds of things from a fancy school ;) they're set up to teach you what to do in a perfect circumstance, there's no end-of-the-line last ditch effort troubleshooting training lol. To me, being able to work something that is borderline garbage into a success is what separates the men from the boys and the ones with this kind of experience truly are the masters and are indeed deserving of others' in the field's respect. an upstart like our friend here calling himself "top notch" when he doesn't deserve it is really a slap in the face to the ones that do.

10. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

Oh darn, I just realized I don't fit all the qualifications to be trying to answer this question, I am serious but am by no means "top notch".

11. Re: (pic added)I NEED opinions from SERIOUS TOP NOTCH taxidermist

I think AFWS just spit chewin tobacco out the window only to have it fly back in his face, a rookie mistake, lord knows ive made a few in my days, he'l learn in due time, I'm sure he learned a little this go around!! LOL He'l be fine, he just accidently put his foot in his mouth, not realizing everyone would put their foot up his arse !! LOL

12. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

Not getting the third ;) gotta have that smiley ;) but I'm good on the first ;) finally got my answer ;) $200.00 for a deer head ;) and $325.00 for a duck ;) ;D As for the SECOND I learned you can't get help on here and to keep questions to yourself ;)

13. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Tell that to the 50,000 plus people who are not a ****ing punk smart ass & have gotten a lot of help you little punk!

I've let a lot of this just slide along, but your last comment was way out of line....you just burned a big bridge bitch!

14. Russ of V.O.W.T

Russ of V.O.W.T my Ken Edwards moment

afws, your showing your true colors as a whiney little punk. People get help on here everyday, and take it, because its good advice. YOU however are a smart ass, and take nothing to heart, your on your way to being treated like grygon on here, where NOBODY replies to her posts, and leaves her out to dry. have fun drying out by yourself.

15. Re: (pic added)I NEED opinions from SERIOUS TOP NOTCH taxidermist

If thats all you learned, you must have riden the small bus to school, I was trying to bail you out, guess you didn't get that either

16. Russ of V.O.W.T

Steve, i think he STILL rides the short bus.

17. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

I fixin to re-read from page ONE and see if I don't SEE things on the OTHER SIDE of the BRIDGE(I had a little more coffee this morning)

18. Re: (pic added)I NEED opinions from SERIOUS TOP NOTCH taxidermist

Yeah, the only thing he's way behind on here, is that this is an industry, not Facebook,and if he wants to make it in this industry he must learn the fine art of detachment! Layin low for a bit is his best defense, but he don't get it. Guess I thought I knew everything when I was 21 too! LOL Your messin with your own livelyhood on here AFWS, if you plan on being in this industry. But Hey, I change my field of work many times over the years, I expect you will have to also!!

19. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

A LIGHT BULB might have just WENT OFF ;D okay I think I was TWISTING STUFF UP and didn't REALIZE cause I was getting to MANY options and I was looking for ONE :-\
    1. DON'T do TWO levels.
    2. SPEED UP time your to SLOW(I totally AGREE) try to KEEP QUALITY
    3.Your AREA may NOT SUPPORT $600.00 DEER HEADS
    4.Advertise for $600.00 deer heads
    5.FIND a happy medium between TIME, QUALITY ,AND PRICE
    6.Russ, Mitch Webb $400.00 for deer heads compete "MASTERS"
    7.Then YOU gave me, do FASTER work for LESS MONEY for LOCALS or ADVERTISE for $600.00 CLIENTS

So when I SAID it was NONSENSE (which it's still KINDA is) I MEANT IT :-\I've got half the people telling me one thing and the other half telling me ANOTHER. So I STILL don't know which WAY to TURN. That's why I was asking about TWO LEVELS ;)

20. Russ of V.O.W.T

YOU have to pick which direction you want to go, you can do 400 dollar deer now, and pursue the higher end clientel, or be satisfied with 80 deer a year at 4 to 500 bucks and live with that. YOUR whole price structure is pricing you out of your local market, and you will have plenty of your "precious hours" to spend on competition peices until you change your ways one way or another.

As for Mitch and his price, he has nothing to do with this other than YOU asked for proof of top quality guys doing it for less in your area, and i gave you one of the best.