1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

(R.I.P THREAD)I NEED opinions from SERIOUS TOP NOTCH taxidermist

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by AFWS, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Re: (pic added)I NEED opinions from SERIOUS TOP NOTCH taxidermist

When you ASK for help with any situation AFWS, you have to learn to HUMBLEY accept their help, your gonna get a hundred different scenarios that may or may not work for you in your particular situation, evaluate the info given, and thank them for their help, not run em against one another or argue with them, My God its like raising another child, take the best info you get that best applies to your situation and be thankful you got it!!

2. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

Re: (pic added)I NEED opinions from SERIOUS TOP NOTCH taxidermist

SEE when I THINK of my AREA I think 30 minutes away ;) So ya'll apparently are thinking FARTHER.So that was some confusion there :-\

3. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

try this...take all the prices in your state and average them...see what everyone else is getting.....I"m not saying base your price on the other guy, but you could possibly get an idea of what clients are willing to pay. If you are $200 more than a guy 10 miles away, and you both put out the same quality work, it's not gonna take me long to figure out that it's not gonna cost my $200 to drive 20 miles.

4. Re: (pic added)I NEED opinions from SERIOUS TOP NOTCH taxidermist

AFWS, do yourself a favor and just shut-up. You have spent the last 3 days running your mouth instead of listening. What you don't realize is, you have had a combined 100 plus years of taxidermist experience trying to to help you out. We all know you spent $25,000 at a school who taught you basic taxidermy and poor business skills, cut your losses and move on. I have been doing taxidermy for a total of 2 years, I'm completely self taught, I have spent less than $200 for my Taxidermy education and I haven't had a warm meal in 14 months due to people bringing and picking stuff up. I'm not the cheapest in my area and I'm not the highest but, After my first year of Business i was voted best taxidermist In the Central Savanna River Area by the citizens of the CSRA. I didn't achieve this by winning some huge taxidermy award or by going to some expensive school, I did it by Listening. I listened to the great people on this site, There is not a taxidermy problem or question that has not been talked about on here. There is more knowledge on this site then you could find at any school. Guys like George, Russ, even Mike P and all the others could have taught you more and it not cost you a dime.

You have quickly pissed people off on here and pretty much ruined any possible chance for someone to help you now.

Best of luck to you and, let me know when your ready to sell all your equipment.

5. taxi_grl_ga

taxi_grl_ga Active Member

well. I guess back-pedaling is a good sign? after all, the first step to solving your problem is admitting you have one, right??

6. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

Well the beginning post was pretty much can't get WORK ,but people complains at what there getting for the price there paying ::) that's a problem when got stuff to pay for :-\

7. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

No COMMENT to what you said WILDWORLDTAXI ;)
    That's a BRILLIANT IDEA ;D as for the $200.00 10 miles down the road ::) I ain't got an issue there(tried telling ya'll that) ;D

8. Bobbi Meyer

Well then you just priced yourself out of work.........

9. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

What did I do this time ??? Right now I'm 250.00 higher ;) that doesn't mean I'm not dropping ;D Me and the guy down the road at the same quality was where I was going ::)

10. Bobbi Meyer

$250 higher than a guy that does the same quality work?
    Where would you go as a customer......?

11. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

Man I'm getting confused again :mad:

12. Bobbi Meyer

OK, so you know they're gonna go to the cheaper guy.
    you have to decide whether you wanna drop your price somewhat or get out there and advertise somehow...or perhaps a combination of both?
    Build a client base then start to raise you prices.

13. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

After 3 days :eek: of what I thought was nonsense ::) cause there were to many people telling me two different things :-\ I finally know what I need to do ;D R.I.P THREAD ;D

14. Russ of V.O.W.T

Russ of V.O.W.T my Ken Edwards moment

so what exactly do YOU think you need to do, lets see if you really learned anything from this ?

15. Bobbi Meyer

you probably won't get a response Russ. He'll come back whining after deer season is over and say he only got 8 deer this year. Then he'll wonder why. Of course what do I know, I'm only a part time dumbass

16. Russ of V.O.W.T

Bobbi, if his attitude in person is anything like it is on here (and i think it is, he walked around at the arkansas show without speaking a word to anyone) then that will be the reason he gets no work. you have to be a people person in this business, either people like you, or they dont, and if they dont, thats the first and usually fatal strike in them leaving any work with you. of course quality work is the big one, but if 2 guys doing equal or even close to equal work are in a town and one is a jerk, and one is a good ole boy, and their prices are of comparable types, i am going to the good ole boy (or gal) ;)

17. Bobbi Meyer

I'm the good old gal, I like to shoot the shit with the fellas and hear their hunting stories or whatever else they wanna chat about when they drop their deer off.

18. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

DANG when I thought I could let it rest in peace I've gotta come back and respond :mad: ;D
    I'm goin to do like dumbass ;) said and get an average, but speed up and try to keep GOOD quality;D My theory is IT AIN'T GOIN TO HURT, it could only HELP ;D I started out at $550 a head then last year $600, got around the same amount of heads both years ;D right now I don't like the AMOUNT of work I'm getting in :(
    Although I get more work than just 10 to 15 deer heads a year 8) right now EVERYTHING is paying BILLS :mad: I need some HUNTING MONEY ;D so if you think I need more TRAINING ;D I'll dig the thread out of the GRAVE ::)

19. Russ of V.O.W.T

you just burnt another bridge, nobody in this thread is being more of a dumbass than your no comprehending, backwards, smart alleck ass. Grow up, get some manners, learn to talk to people and you MIGHT get more business. I can guarnatee you if i brought you a deer, and you were the smug smart alleck you have been in this post, i would lay your butt out right in YOUR OWN shop floor, and walk out with my deer to the next guy down the road.

as for "digging up the old thread, what the hell are you talking about kid?

20. Bobbi Meyer

off his zanax?