1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

(R.I.P THREAD)I NEED opinions from SERIOUS TOP NOTCH taxidermist

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by AFWS, Aug 15, 2009.

1. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

Re: I NEED opinions from SERIOUS TOP NOTCH taxidermist

I BACK with a new fresh cup of COFFEE ;)

2. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

I have an idea your gonna need something a little stronger :D :D

3. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

BOC at Arkansas ??? could have went with out it ;) Brian Harness said DON'T expect much ;D I posted it on here to kinda see if that was a BIG DEAL or not since this was my FIRST year. I was almost to the point of NOT taking it cause I was finding so many FLAWS ;) I don't know what ya'll are calling "HIGHEND" but I never said I was the BEST in the WORLD ;) I said I was HIGHER QUALITY than anybody in MY AREA ;) and to whoever that was posting the pics of my work ;) I totally AGREE it SUCKS ;) everytime I finish a piece a look at it and think I done alright :-\ then after it's all said and DONE I start finding FLAWS(15) as for the coyote i'm not going to change the freakin pose ;) that's more time to the clock ;) Oh yeah about 99 hrs, you were close.

4. Re: I NEED opinions from SERIOUS TOP NOTCH taxidermist

those smiley faces....

5. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

:eek: What 8) smiley ::) faces :p I ;D didn't :-X notice :) :) :)

6. erinl78

erinl78 New Member

AFWS deleted all his posts in this thread.

7. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

I suck at grammar so I type some stuff then put a SMILEY ;)

8. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Ya, I such too :D

9. Re: I NEED opinions from SERIOUS TOP NOTCH taxidermist

I just wasted my time reading this thread. What a little baby for deleting his post.

10. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

It NEVER ENDS does IT? After 8 pages of NONSENSE I decided apparently ya'll wasn't taking this as SERIOUS as I WAS.So the only way I couldn't DELETE the ENTIRE thing was to DELETE MY POST.

11. HOLMES

HOLMES Active Member

How many deer total have you mounted?

12. Re: I NEED opinions from SERIOUS TOP NOTCH taxidermist

i think what you should do is lower your prices for a little while so you can get some of your work out there. Then once you start to get alot of customers give your self a yearly raise every year of 50$ or so until you get to your 600$ point.

13. scpol

scpol Wholesale Bird Taxidermy....Fan of Mike & Harry

This kids original question was answered numerous times. He did'nt want to listen. You brought it
    on yourself by talking about your better qualifications than others, and still cant get work. If you
    dont learn business, you wont be around to long. Oh well :-\

14. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

Holmes see if you got a PM I don't think it went through? and it said I already sent it.

15. HOLMES

HOLMES Active Member

I got it.

16. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

I've done said BEFORE I delete the post they do advertise.They just didn't want students giving information out.Don't know if it was prices of pieces,techniques,price of schooling or what. As for the TITLE (Defined version) taxidermists who take taxidermy SERIOUSLY.Not someone who has another JOB and they do TAXIDERMY as a HOBBY and don't care how much there MAKING.Someone who is depending on TAXIDERMY ALONE for a LIVING. I AGREE Scott the question was answered a LONG time ago but people wanted more and more and more nonsense.I thought I was done and then people wanted more and more this MORNING.

17. scpol

scpol Wholesale Bird Taxidermy....Fan of Mike & Harry

Now :D were ;D just 8) having :p fun :-\ with :-X Ya ;D

18. Tom Cruickshank

Tom Cruickshank The History Channel says I'm "creepy"!!

Is this guys name Rassmussin? ??? :eek: :( :mad: ;D :D ;) :) :p :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(

19. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

So after you deleted your stuff WHY still keep coming back.. Just take your ball and go home..
    You didnt like the responses you got, so deal with it.. BUt even as you sit their have pout you should REALLY take what people told you to heart.. You need to improve your work alot. Get reference, and you need to speed up the work.. 30 hours for one deer is insanely slow. At that rate you ARE going to need a job.. IN order to be the highest paid around you need to be TOP NOTCH... You are not top notch. your prices are way above your level of quality. SPending 25,000 to be taught by a school that runs TV commercials... means absolutely NOTHING because you did NOT learn what you needed to know. Go back to basics.. learn what you missed, start putting out TOP QUALITY then you can charge the top quality prices.. You originally asked if you should do Two levels of quality, You are not even at the level to do higher level work so your question is irrelevant until you CAN do top quality work. and then when you can do top quality work dont do some lower quality and some at top notch.. as everyone has pointed out.
    Your quality is below average.. As many pointed out.. Yet you are saying you are charging way above everyone else BUT only getting in a few deer. YOU over priced yourself big time. You have to BE the best in your area to command the higher price..

The only reason I can see for them NOT wanting you to tell who you were trained by is because after 25,000 you are still at the level of some beginners... That cant be good for business..
    If you were all that and a box of twinkies I guarantee you they would be bragging to world "Yes we trained him" to inspire more people to pay out 25 THOUSAND bucks to be just like you.. INstead they sweep it under a rug..

20. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

Read that ONE to YOURSELF cause if ANYONE was READING what ALL I POSTED that has nothing to do with ME