1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Great Impala........not so great mount.

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by dsbragg, Aug 17, 2009.

1. This is a real nice Impala, 25 1/2" that a customer of mine wants remounted. What a shame for such a nice animal to come back like this. He has 5 other mounts from his trip that are for the most part the same. I hope he will bring them in once he sees how this will look when I get it finished for him. All are straight forward mounts like this. Of course some may remember a thread I posted a couple weeks back about not liking straight poses and this is the same guy. Every mount he has is straight. :p I managed to talk him into letting me do a wall ped for this Impala, so I hope he will end his hang up for the pose. Not the best pic's but ........well see for yourself. :-\

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. QBD

QBD Active Member

WOW! But not in a good way.....

3. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

Did he say where he had them done at?

4. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

OUCH! That's rough.

5. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

That's really sad.But I do look forward to seeing the remount.And I am sure the customer will aswell.
    Scott.

6. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

That's a shame. Look at the horns on that sucker :eek:
    I know it will look good when you get done with it Dennis, it's just too bad you have to do it in the first place :-\

7. He had them done in Africa. ::) This mount is only two years old as well. It looks like it's 10 years old. I have a really nice large cape for it. I just will never understand how they can send something like this back after the money spent by them there. I was there 3 years ago, out of 10 of us that went I was the only one who had the hides sent back to do myself. The rest had them done there. I slowly have been getting them in here and there to be redone.

8. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

You can lead a horse to water........... ;)

9. mimes

mimes Member

If they are like me.....would take me the 10yrs to pay off the trip and just now enough cash to start fixing the crap that came back like that! LOL

10. BDrake

BDrake Active Member

When I was there the outfitter also had a Taxidermy buisness, it was very easy for them to talk the other hunters into getting there trophies mounted by them, somewhat high pressure, they gave ALL the positive reasons why they should be mounted there. I toured the shop myself and the work was C - at best, but the other hunters just left them there. The shop manager was a White guy and had 7-10 Black people working there. Not that the color of a persons skin makes any difference, that is just how it was. It looked to me that they were ordering forms from the U.S and making molds from those!
    Post some pics of the finished product!!

11. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Poor guy...people just don't realize how bad that BAD taxidermy can get....bbbbut...his loss is your gain!

12. Bowman

Bowman New Member

wow....I feel like a "master" taxidermist now!

13. bowhntr

bowhntr New Member

I know how you feel DS, I just took in two nice deer from South Carolina that would look great on a semi sneak left or right, but the guy that killed them wants both on straight forms. I have done one for him and i guess he liked it because it was straight too, i hate mounting deer on those forms!

14. armymac26

armymac26 God made me really strong!! Not really smart!!!

Looks like your customer has learned a leason in Taxidermy the hard way.... I bet he will be a customer for life when you bring the Impala back to life for him

15. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

after you do a GREAT mount for him tell him DON'T PICK UP BY NECK,, really doesnt that burn you when you sweat a job out and then some orang utan grabs it around the neck and ruins in 5 seconds what it took you all afternoon to groom .,,, looks like this one had that happen ,

16. Matt

Matt Active Member

Nice Impala Dennis, I know he will look alot better when you get done with him! Post some pics when you get him finished up.