1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Lots of new reference photos to add

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Speckled Trout, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Speckled Trout

Speckled Trout Member

I really enjoy taxidermy, especially anything dealing with fish, but mainly practice it as a hobby. Because of this, I don't have nearly as much experience as full-time practioners of the art and have less information to share concerning various techniques and strategies. However, I do go fishing alot and consequently have many opportunities to photograph freshly caught specimens of various species.

This summer I was lucky enough to be able to spend nearly a month traveling throughout the Rockies, wading and floating various streams and rivers with my father. I took lots of closeup photos of rainbows, browns, cutbow, and brookies that I wish to share. Unfortunately, I made a mistake while transferring the brook trout files and accidently erased more than a 100 brookie photos from a USB storage device after I'd already cleaned them out of the computer's recycle bin. :-[ :'( I had two screens open at the same time and a file highlighted on each. I thought thtat I was deleting one file while I was actually deleting the one that I'd just created on the USB storage device. :mad:

I will also be adding 100's of new pics(over the next few days) of sheepshead, redfish, speckled trout, grouper, red snapper, spanish makeral, and jack crevelle. On these, I tried to include quality photos of each fin, their head, bodies and a closeup of the eyes. My hope is that some of you will find these beneficial while creating your work.

Here are a few samples:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Later & Good Luck - Mike

2. ArtistcAnglerInc.

ArtistcAnglerInc. New Member

Dude... great stuff, thanks!

3. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

Mike-
    these are amazing...can't wait to see more.
    What an awesome contribution!
    Thanks,
    Rich

4. GreenBullhead

GreenBullhead Peep peeep peep C:

Omg... nice!!! Thanks for posting!! :D

5. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Hi Great photos,thanks for posting them Very nice colors on the fish as well.
    Scott.

6. greener

greener New Member

wow those are great photos!!! I haven't had the opportunity to do any trout yet due to not very many spots to catch were I live (any one have any I could buy that would be sweet) but those are amazing. I am no computer expert but If you look in the recycling bin under my computer they may still be on your computer. I had a similar thing happen and thought they were lost but, I was able to recover them... something to check into before you chalk it up as a loss.

7. trapperr

trapperr New Member

Great Pictures , Thank You Fur Posting , Never Have Enough

8. Speckled Trout

Speckled Trout Member

I just updated the rainbow pics. Lots and lots of photos. Enjoy and put them to good use. I'll add more later.

9. nibjones

nibjones Join your States Taxidermy Assoc.

Beautiful pics, Thanks!

10. AZ

AZ New Member

Great stuff ! thanks much.

11. TR

TR Member

Great photos!!! I'll be putting them to use. Thanks

12. WOW! Awesome photos! Thanks for posting in the Fish reference section, under the Rainbow category that was already started. Sure makes it easier to find.
    Can I ask what kind of camera/lens you use? Sure are real nice photos! thanks for sharing!

13. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

beautiful detailed pictures. thank you for sharing.

14. Speckled Trout

Speckled Trout Member

Yes it's getting a little confusing and I'll try to add the other species to existing threads, as well.

It's an Pentax Optio Waterproof camera. It's definitely been abused, too.

I am fixin' to add a lot to the brown trout section, as well. Enjoy.

15. naturalcreati40

naturalcreati40 Active Member

I agree, thank you soooo much, already I can see where they're gonna be helpful. Can't wait to see the rest and sorry about the Brookie photos. This is for anyone, does anyone know if it possible to take the photos from this posting and save them in a file? Or do I just save the whole posting?

16. Speckled Trout

Speckled Trout Member

I added a little more than a 100 more to the browns and will add a couple dozen more in a little bit.

17. naturalcreati40

naturalcreati40 Active Member

where, where are they??????

18. trapperr

trapperr New Member

Can't Wait To See The Brown Trout !!!! Thx Again

19. Speckled Trout

Speckled Trout Member

The brown trout are under the heading"Brown Trout (Salmo trutta)"

20. nice pictures