1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Kansas Association of Taxidermists Convention 2010

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by Ken Edwards, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

March 26th through 28th, 2010
    The <A HREF="http://www.ksassociationtaxidermy.com/">Kansas Association of Taxidermists</A> Annual Convention & Competition
    Old Town Hotel, Wichita, KS
    Contact Dennis Schumacher at (316) 540-3141 or <A HREF="http://www.ksassociationtaxidermy.com/">visit the KAT website</A>.

2. PREED

PREED New Member

Kansas Show

I want to thank the KAT for letting me set up the UTA booth. Thanks to everyone that stopped by, it was great seeing everyone. Congrats to all the winners.

Pat Reed

3. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    Re: Kansas Show

I too, want to thank the KAT for having me back once again. The officers and board do a fantastic job of running a show. If my memory serves me right, there were over 100 pieces in the showroom. Big winners were Todd Kranau, Clint Bowman, Scott Navratil, Cindy Cunningham, Dennis Schumacher and Cory Foth. I am sure I forgot others that need to be mentioned and someone could pick up the slack for me. It was a pleasure to work with my Andy Campbell, Big John (Griffith) and Shawn Dawson. Great show, the membership should be very appreciative and proud of the KAT.

4. NAV

NAV Frontier Taxidermy

This was my second time to the Kansas show and I would like to say that I had another great time there. The hospitality of the people running the show as well as all the attendees was outstanding. It was unfortunate that there were so many shows scheduled on the same weekend though. I would have liked to attend others but had to make a decision and I made a great choice. I hope someone can get some photos up for those that didn't attend so they can see what they missed. I packed my bags the night before and what do you think I forgot to pack..... my flippin camera!!

Thanks again for the great time and hope to see some of you at the Nebraska show the last weekend of June.

5. LTravis

LTravis New Member

Well once again I wasn`t able to make the show...I`ve kinda lost my desire to compete for some reason..guess a backlog will do that to a guy. Spending what spare time I do have crappie and walleye fishing....Congrats to all the winners!!! NOW COMMON let`s see some pictures by golly...

6. kahoff

kahoff New Member

Thank you to everyone that put on the K.A.T. Convention. It was a great learning experience and I came out of there with a lot of new knowledge and ideas. I am looking forward to the next one.

7. Cory

Cory Keep an eye on quality!

Thanks to all of the judges and out of state competitors. Without all of you our show woud never be the great success it is. Hopefully next year we can not have almost all of the midwest having shows on the same weekend!!! That way we can have some more friends from out of state. FROTH, Baumann, I just cant get any slack from you can I? LOL!! Thanks to you also PREED, you know all you have done for our association over the years and you just keep on contributing. Congrats to all of the winners.

8. LTravis

LTravis New Member

Cory--lets see that bass ya won the WASCO award with...C`mon

I know why don`t we move our show back to late June like we used too...that way we don`t have to worry about all the shows happening at the same time...plus the mounts will dry faster and it won`t interfere with CRAPPIE FISHING!!! lol

9. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Just........

Just got back today and I will be posting pics here in a few minutes!

Some awesome stuff!

:)

Kerby...

10. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK

Cory, I fixed it. Sorry about that. Congrats on all the awards.

11. Kerby Ross

Kansas pics, part 1

Kerby...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Kerby Ross

Kansas pics, part 2

Kerby...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Kerby Ross

Kansas pics, part 3

Kerby...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Kerby Ross

Kansas pics, part 4

Kerby...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Kerby Ross

Kansas pics, part 5

Kerby...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. sean997

sean997 Member

Re: Kansas pics, part 5

A lot of great pieces at the show! Great job guys, it was fun! thanks Kerby for posting all the pics!

17. sid

sid New Member

Kansas show

Thanks for all who attend the Kansas show, you all made it a sucess! special thanks go to our judges John Griffith, Shawn Dawson, Andy Campbell and Kenneth Bauman. Shawn special thanks from me for letting me pick your brain ,You are mountain full of knowledge. and I am not afraid of your lazer!!!!!!! Ha! Ha!!!

18. timberlandtaxidermy

timberlandtaxidermy Taxidermy Instructor NTA Certified Judge

Re: Kansas show

What Lazer???

19. timberlandtaxidermy

timberlandtaxidermy Taxidermy Instructor NTA Certified Judge

By the way, where's the pics, Kirby! :)

20. sid

sid New Member

scroll down hes got them in 5 parts.