1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Western Regional Taxidermy Competition 2010

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by Ken Edwards, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Skip Miller

Skip Miller New Member

You can register when you arrive at the show.

Registration is from 3 pm to 9 pm Wednesday, June 23rd

Then on Thursday, June 24th registration is from 8 am till Noon....after that judging starts.

Thanks for asking!

2. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

IS there a Hampton Suites nearby or even one town over?

Also what is the cost to attend seminars without competing?

3. Skip Miller

Skip Miller New Member

Royaloaks,

There is not a Hampton Inn in Klamath Falls.

The closest large town to the east is Alturas that is 2 hours away. Yes there is small communities along the way, but they have very little options for accommodations.

To the south the largest city is Redding. They many have one but you are looking at 2 hours each way.

To the west is Medford, they are only about an hour each way....they might have one.

To the north you are looking at Bend for any type of selection. Again, a good 90 minutes each way.

I have listed a lot of hotels within this thread that are all in the city limits.

I will look at my paperwork tonight for the individual seminar costs.

Hope to see you there!

4. Skip Miller

Skip Miller New Member

Seminar costs:

Current member = $25 for each seminar
    Non-Member = $35 for each seminar

5. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

If I take a mount are the seminars included ?

And yes there is a Hampton Suites in Medford.. I believe I was just there 2 weeks ago.. Might have to stay there..

6. Skip Miller

Skip Miller New Member

If you want to compete with that mount you will need to purchase a competition package.

The package is $125...this includes a family membership, 1 banquet ticket, admission to all the seminars, OAT hosted BBQ and 2 entries into 2 different categories.

7. Skip Miller

Skip Miller New Member

Hello All,

The time is nearly upon us.......only 5 days left to get those pieces done.

I can smell it all ready.....the sweet smell of Bondo, Lacquer paints and resin as I wonder the halls of the motel.....it's competition time!!!!

It's shaping up to be a great show.....we have close to a dozen suppliers that have said they will be there. Folks like Research, McKenzie & Tohickon are among the many that will be there.

We have some great seminars presented by World and National Champions sharing what they know.

It will be a lot of fun and it will be great to see a lot of familiar faces and a lot of new ones.

Oh and if it makes anybody feel better......I am still not done with my piece......LOL

8. I am excited for this show, I hope to meet you some of you guys from here.

not sure what to take, time to do the final painting

9. Skip Miller

Skip Miller New Member

Hello All,

I am leaving for Klamath Falls first thing in the morning, Tuesday the 22nd.

I will not be back until after the show.

I wanted to wish everybody a very safe and enjoyable trip and I hope all your mounts and displays survive the trip with no damage!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care and I look forward to seeing you all in a couple of days.

LET'S KICK THE TIRES AND LITE THE FIRES......IT'S PARTY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!