1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Lets try this again!!! Smallmouth Mount & Paint Job

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by barnabus, Aug 21, 2009.

1. barnabus

barnabus New Member

Boy...Ive re read that post from the subject line to my wording and I cant figure out how it got so messed up.First off Im not a taxidermist(Im a customer) who is looking for a someone to mount and that can PAINT a smallmouth. As stated in my earlier post being from SC none here has any or very little expereience painting a smallmouth. As a matter of fact they dont even have any pics to show me of a smallie they painted in the past so Im not going to take a chance.

You guys on here are artist..I guess what what Im saying is down here there are more "stuffers" than artist.Taxidermy to me is an art just as someone who paints wildlife signed and number prints is an artist. I do have some great mounts in my home but they didnt come from the same shop.Some are better at fish than others.I hope this cleared up some confusion and the post continue to come and I can come to a decision soon.Thanks again all!

[​IMG]

Bill

2. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

pick me! pick me ! ::)

Gary Bruch or Rick Krane would be great choices for your fish. Also check out fishstuffer in TWIFP this week.

3. rebel

rebel New Member

so am i an artist or a stuffer ?????????????????

4. GBRUCH

GBRUCH "I am nothing without christ".....John 15:5

may I suggest looking under the taxidermists button.

Many have websites and you can look around and contact those that appeal to you.
    There are many great taxidermists here so it could be a tough choice for you.

5. barnabus

barnabus New Member

Dont know..show some of your work? ::)

6. rebel

rebel New Member

i wouldnt mount your fish for you for 1000000 after that commit

7. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

A little sensitive aren't we Rebel?

8. Joey Arender

Joey Arender big mouth alert

Yeah I would say Gary for sure should be one of your top choices...I love his smallies... I Have Never seen one of Ricks but I'd know no doubt he could top notch it as well... and Aaron does a nice one as well so "picking me" (him) wouldn't be bad either. A lot of great fish stuffers around here for sure..and not to mention a guy named Richard (somebody help) goes by AnglingArtisan on here. I saw one of his smallies the other day and it was impressive then Dave Cambell (UFD here) has some nice ones on his site and does really top notch work...so good luck finding what your looking for...

Question is, are you willing to pay for greatness you seek. Because it will cost you, as it rightfully should, from any of those guys.

9. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

LOL, that's what I was thinking.

10. Im looking for someone who has lots of experience painting smallmouth bass. I would like to see anyones smallmouth taxidermy pics of recent mounts.I live in SC and since there is not much smallmouth opportunies around here their just isnt any work to be seen. Many say they can paint one but I do not want to let someone try their hand at it. Im also leaning towards a scene as well with a rocks and a crawfish. Please feel free to post up your smallie pics.Best of all will get my fish and Ill post who took the work and make sure a follow up is done when completed.Thanks for all the pics.Im ready to mount this thing! Fish was 20.5 " long and girth was 13.5" and caught in a stream in NC.

The confusion came from YOUR statements.

11. I'll mount it for you................... 517-410-2611

The stringer mount I did over 20 years ago.

Attached Files:

12. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Well look at his comments toward SC taxidermists.

I can understand why he got upset.

13. DanB

DanB New Member

After all of this confusion he's going to go to China to have this fish mounted, LOL, or eat it.

14. LOL that is funny Dan and do you blame hime?

15. Not to make your decision any more difficult, but might as well throw my hat into the ring as well since SM Bass are my favorite fish to catch as well as mount!

Attached Files:

16. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I don't see the big deal. If he'd said the same thing about my area, I'd agree with him. We too have more "stuffers" than "artists". If you do your research, (which he's trying to do) you'll find some good ones, in my neighborhood, and in SC as well. If you think you are an artist, then post up or shut up. If your easily offended, then I guess you can get bent and refuse the work. It always amuses me how sensitive people are on the web. LOL

17. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

lol I know what you mean Cole. People take things differently than others. Some read too much into things. I'm guilty of it myself.

18. Joey Arender

Joey Arender big mouth alert

Redwolf #7 has got to that is gusttingly sick... LOL

19. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

I'm helping Scott Olson out :D :D

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,169357.0.html

20. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Don't let me mount iit, I'll **** up a fish like there's no tomorrow!!