1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Lets try this again!!! Smallmouth Mount & Paint Job

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by barnabus, Aug 21, 2009.

1. George.....
    Its SO funny you think you know whats really going on here yet you still dont. In fact you stated that with your statement about not knowing whos fish it really is.
    All the corresponding backstage doesn't mean jack if the ducks aren't in a row.

I know who did that fish, and so do a few others on here.
    and the person who did is not even a regular poster on the forum, in fact not really affiliated with anyone here.

I DO however have a clue about the other firefight that's going on. And as with any coin it has two sides.

I think the issue some brought up here was and still is valid.
    You are angry about him insulting taxidermist, yet you insult people on here on a regular basis.
    Youa re the king of name calling.

If it were possible to carry on an adult conversation with you Im sure many would be more open to an intelligent discussion.
    Although you yourself in the past have claimed taxidermists as a whole are dummys.

So again to quote the master. before you point a finger check your other four first.

2. UFD

UFD New Member

I consider myself a scholar of the style of other fish taxidermists, and I can also say without a doubt that barnabus’ Smallmouth was not done by anyone posting on this thead.

Arguing all of this further and insinuating what one person knows versus what another person knows is akin to putting a windshield wiper on a baby’s ass: You’re just gonna end up smearing crap all over and not accomplish a damn thing…

3. Good Call......

I think we should hold a Beer Summit.
    ;D

4. LionHeart

LionHeart New Member

Psshshhhhhh, it's open and it's cold, cheers ;)

5. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Agreed. Now let's let this one die a natural death. Nice mount J&K.

6. Give me a shot of Crown Royal with that beer.

7. Wish I would have found this sooner, but I see no wrong doing by barnabus. He is totally correct with the the whole small mouth thing here in SC. He is also right about there being a 10 to 1 stuffer to artist ratio. I even give him credit for wanting his trophy done correctly and seeking out the one he thought was most qualified. Everyone complains about all the hackadermist out there, I say if we had more customers that took the time to research what they were having mounted then maybe these hackadermist would disappear.

8. George

Wild World, let me remind you and all the other "icons" out there of one thing. You can't mount everything and sometimes even the best have screw ups. Most of us hear discussions like this and immediately think of "hacksidermist" we know, never bothering to think they MAY be referring to us. If you've never screwed up a mount, you haven't been at this very long and WHEN you do, that customer won't be back and it will be YOU he's telling his friends about, not the guy down the street. There's a market for bad taxidermy in this world or those people wouldn't be here. Even the guy who does velvet paintings of Elvis calls himself an artist.

9. Jeff Lumsden

Jeff Lumsden Well-Known Member

Allright 12C's of adrenaline into the heart, stand back people the pads are hot in 3...

10. [​IMG]

11. George

Nah, I think this lunker is just about played out.

12. Harum

Harum Active Member

George,

Common courtesy should dictate weather a mount is open to a critique or not. An example would be not giving a critique on a mount that was posted by anyone other than the artist.
    As far as your comments directed towards me: You have only responded a hand full of times directly to me in a thread but the picture you have painted of me is a Hack crack head that recently fell off an onion truck with an inability to comprehend the English language but likes to blow roses up peoples butts while whining. Interesting to say the least ;)

-Pete

Attached Files:

13. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

lol

Attached Files:

14. Harum

Harum Active Member

Boy I thought you would have jumped all over the fact that I used weather rather then whether. I'll try something else next time;)

15. George

Harum where did you get the idea that "common" and "courtesy" fit together in a sentence about ego driven taxidermists. Why do I sense you either have an ax to grind or would rather be a defecation agitator. Which one?

16. Harum

Harum Active Member

I see your finished with your thesaurus. I'll leave the agitating to you. Also no ax to grind here.

17. Perca

Perca Well-Known Member

10 pages later and two are left standing. Anyone want to take a poll? [​IMG]

18. Pro Fish Art located in Idaho. Did the $502.00 include shipping.

19. George

I'm glad I'm not one to say it, but if I was, now would be the time to say, "I tried to tell you." LMAO

http://www.smallmouths.com/smallmouth-forum/showthread.php?t=762

20. Hey man.
    Our man Barnabus isnt a CPR junkie.
    He earned a few more points in my book.
    ;D

Its nice to see some people still standing up for the right to keep and mount a fish rather then Cram the CPR ethic down our throats.
    Guys like that are guys who keep average taxidermists in business.