1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Fun to sew around

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by whitetail94, Aug 22, 2009.

1. whitetail94

whitetail94 New Member

I'm getting this set ready to mount tomorrow and I have had a time getting the skull plate cut to get the antlers to set right on the form, and I can see that tomorrow the sewing will be fun as well. Anybody ever had one with a point that comes from the skull plate and runs back like this. I have thought several times about the use of a hammer, but this is a good customer although I have picked at him about doing that.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

He had a big point that is broken off of each main beam, I wonder how long they were.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Michael

2. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I manage to get one or two a year like that around here. Just cut a bridge between the small point and the beam as part of the upper "Y" incision. A single stitch will hold it back with some epoxy underneath.

3. #1 headhunter

#1 headhunter New Member

I ha d a deer a couple of years that had point like that coming off the back of the right burr that grew flat against the back top of his skull. It was real hard to skin it out. I cut it off and attached it on the front side of the burr sticking straight up. It turned out good. The when he told somebody it was a 9 point, they could see the 9th point. The customer loved it.

4. lorefuma

lorefuma Member

if I was the customer I think you are a dead taxidermist now...

5. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Now that's a little different,I can't say I have mounted anything like that.
    Scott.

6. dplais7124

dplais7124 Active Member

i got one in just like that this past season.